We would have put our house on Nacon and the development team at KT Racing on delivering a new WRC title to PC and console this year. That house would have been safe too, as today they announce the most complete rally game yet – WRC Generations.
Coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, PC and Nintendo Switch, with those Xbox and PlayStation drops occurring on October 13th 2022, WRC Generations is the latest entry in the WRC series – following on from the likes of WRC 9 and WRC 10 as a highly authentic, hugely comprehensive rally racing sim.
It comes as a result of seven years of collaboration with legendary drivers, with the latest entry in the series being an authentic and comprehensive rally racing simulation, giving players the chance to drive powerful cars in the most famous rallies of all time!
You’ll find an unrivalled level of realism in here and Nacon are promising that never before have games come this close to the real-life World Rally Championship. This year’s WRC simulation has been reinforced with numerous improvements and optimisations requested by the community.
Things are changing though with WRC Generations and just as in the real-life WRC, a major new competitive feature, hybrid cars, have been included in WRC Generations. These bring a potent blend of electric power and combustion engines which will give players the opportunity to experience brand-new driving sensations, both in terms of physics and through a completely overhauled sound design.
Of course, previous vehicles can still be found in the game, with these even more authentically portrayed than ever before. In total, there are thirty-seven legendary cars, each carefully recreated with its respective mechanical characteristics.
And in terms of locales, on top of the thirteen rallies of the 2022 season, Generations includes nine other locations for a total of twenty-two different countries and 165 Special Stages – you shouldn’t be surprised to hear that is a record for the genre. The brand-new Swedish route makes its appearance, as the only completely snow-covered rally with physics even closer to the actual conditions.
There will be new solo and online content as well. WRC Generations is more polished and detailed than its predecessors and promises countless hours of gameplay thanks to brand-new game modes and new ways to share your passion online!
The key features include:
• Career mode lets players determine their own history, managing every aspect of their team and leading them to success. A new way to manage hybrid-powered cars will be included in the skill tree.
• In League mode players can take each other on in the same category in daily and weekly challenges in an attempt to rise to the top of the rankings.
• With the Teams system, players can choose to join a team or create their own, raising the standard high in every challenge.
• The Livery editor enables players to customise their cars with a variety of finishes and stickers. In WRC Generations, players can now share their creations with each other!
• Players can take part in training races on split screen or online, and enjoy the real experience with a friend in Co-driver mode.
WRC Generations is scheduled for release on October 13th 2022 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Expect the PC and Nintendo Switch version to drop later. You can Wishlist the game on Steam now though.
Hit up the trailer too.