Long-running MMO Star Trek Online gets its newest season of content today, which continues the ‘Year of Klingon’ arc. It’s named House Shattered, and follows on from where House Divided left off, as the Klingon Empire declares war on many of its captains. You will play a role as mediator between the Empire and its renegade captains, looking to avert a blood civil war.
The House Shattered season is available now to all subscribers of Star Trek Online on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 alongside a previous PC drop. Just beam in and play!
There is a glittering role-call for this season. Rekha Sharma from Star Trek: Discovery will be voicing Adet’Pa, the Klingon captain who you will be bunking with for a lot of the season’s content, and is on the Klingon hitlist. Other Star Trek luminaries who are getting involved include J.G. Hertzler from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, who will play General Martok, and Robert O’Reilly from Star Trek: The Next Generation, who will play Aakar. It’s Aakar in particular you will learn to fear, as he has teamed up with J’Mpok and is hunting the captains down with stolen Mycelial weaponry. He doesn’t particularly care if you get caught in the crossfire.
The full rundown of content for this season includes:
- Brand New Episode – There’s a new episode named ‘Partisans’, in which players will head to Nimbus to seek out Captain Adet’Pa and put J’mpok and Aakar to the bat’leth.
- New Task Force Operation – If you have watched Star Trek: Picard, this will be familiar. The newest update introduces ‘Synth Wave’, a five-player space TFO that serves as a reenactment of the deadly Synth attack on Mars in 2385.
- The Widening Gyre Event – Captains get to play the newest episode and Task Force Operation to earn credits toward the new 4-piece Imperial Rift Space Set.
- Klingon Remaster – Not content to just add new stuff, the old is getting modernised too. Players will discover a full revamp of four missions from the Warzone Klingon Story Arc: Bringing Down the House, The House Always Win, Mars, The Bringer of War and Alpha.
- Experimental Ship Upgrade Token – Star Trek Online are giving some new tokens a shot, which will give T6 and T5U starships a Universal Console Slot, an extra Device Slot, and an extra Starship Trait Slot
Star Trek Online: House Shattered is out now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S through the Xbox Store as a free download. It’s also out on PS4, PS5 and PC. Feel free to check out the launch trailer for this latest content.