It’s been seven years since Techland created one of the finest zombie-fuelled gaming experiences of all time with the original Dying Light. Now though it’s time to Stay Human, with Dying Light 2.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC through Steam and the Epic Games Store, Dying Light 2 Stay Human is Techland’s response to that first game as they bring together everything that they have learnt from before and put it all together, combining it in a parkouring playground.
It comes in a Standard Edition which will set you back £59.99, a Deluxe Edition for £74.99 which includes the base game with artbook, soundtrack, some wallpapers for printing and multiple weapons and skins. And then there’s the Ultimate Edition for £89.99. This is the biggy that many Dying Light fans should be clamouring for, including everything from the Deluxe Edition and then adding in 2h Night XP boosts, a digital comic, crafting items and – a little further down the line – extra stories via the Expansion Pass.
No matter what version you grab, you’ll discover that Dying Light 2 is full of surprises. There’s the deep story and narrative which twists and turns throughout the tens (and hundreds) of hours of gameplay that is promised. There’s the day / night cycle which has you mixing up playstyles and strategy calls on a minute by minute basis, and there’s the perfection of the parkour, as you traverse and navigate the open world that is ahead of you.
There’s a ton of combat too, loads of skills to utilise, multiple abilities made available and crafting opportunities galore. And all that’s without mention of the side missions, parkour challenges, hidden secrets and more that you’ll find yourself taking in. Further still is the chance to play alone, with friends or out out a call-to-arms for when in times of need.
Oh, and just to seal the deal some more, Dying Light 2 Stay Human looks and sounds gorgeous as well.
#Dying2Know more? We’ve been lucky enough to have spent a good few weeks with Dying Light 2 on Xbox Series X|S and have a review for your perusal. We urge you to give it a read.
The key features of the game include:
- VAST OPEN WORLD – Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
- CREATIVE & BRUTAL COMBAT – Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.
- DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE – Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
- CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES – Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
- 2-4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY – Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.
If you’re sold on the subject matter, then you’ll be able to pick up a download of Dying Light 2 Stay Human on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC by checking out the relevant stores. The links above will whisk you straight to the Xbox pages you need.
Once you’ve been hand on yourself, let us know how you’ve got on with Dying Light 2 by jumping into the comments or hitting on us up on the usual social channels.
It’s still well worth playing the original Dying Light too.
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus—and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope. You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as to defeat your enemies and make allies, you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there’s one thing you can never forget—stay human.