Loved Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings? Adored Super Mega Baseball 2? You’re in luck as Metalhead Software are back with their deepest baseball experience yet with Super Mega Baseball 3 on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download today, and running a glorious cross-play scheme, Super Mega Baseball 3 on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC promises to deliver one of the most immersive baseball experiences yet, as the development team at Metalhead Software take the best bits from their past titles, before building on it in many ways.
Whether you are a lone batter or looking to pitch online, Super Mega Baseball 3 caters for all, with fully detailed online and offline opportunities keeping the balls flying, and the batters running. A new Franchise mode will let you take a team across multiple seasons, as you delve deep into the world of inner management, whilst customisable Seasons and Elimination brackets will let you play baseball how you see fit.
No less than 14 highly detailed ballparks will play host to the action in SMB3, and when you throw in the promise of refined mechanics, fluid gameplay and plenty of difficulty levels to allow for your own playstyles, there is much to love about this latest baseball experience.
“Super Mega Baseball 3 is a deeper and more refined game across the board compared to its predecessors, and we are stoked to get it into the hands of the community and get some feedback,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “Franchise mode opens up a whole new avenue for an immersive and emergent gameplay experience, and the Custom Pennant Race mode we’re pushing out in the summer is going to be a game changer for the way the game is played online and the online communities surrounding the game.”
- • Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- • Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- • Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- • Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- • Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only).
- • Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- • Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
- • Skip customization and compete for top leaderboard scores with standardized teams and settings (locked player attributes) in Standard Season and Standard Elimination modes (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
Our full review of Super Mega Baseball 3 on Xbox One will be coming your way in the days ahead, but if you have previously enjoyed what Metalhead have provided with their previous games, then a purchase of this from the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop or from Steam should probably be a no-brainer. Let us know if you decide to pick it up.
Super Mega Baseball 3 refines the series’ formula with the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes including a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly improved graphics. New content includes revamped UI plus tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions.