We’re fast approaching the release of Super Mega Baseball 3 on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, but until that launch day happens, Metalhead Software are going to continue dropping details and videos covering what we can expect to see. Today it’s all about the new features that will be present in Super Mega Baseball 3. And they look rather damn tasty too.
Super Mega Baseball 3 is still hoping to launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in April but the team behind it have fully acknowledged that the current pandemic may mean a slight, minor, delay to that release window. When it does arrive though it promises to take everything that was good about the previous games to deliver one hell of a baseball experience.
The latest video to be released from Metalhead Software reveals an extensive list of new features that will be present in SMB3, covering the brand new Franchise mode, upgrades to the existing modes, new content and customization options, and more.
Further to that and there will also be some highly-requested features added post-launch, the most notable of these being the option to import an Super Mega Baseball 2 team. The SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3, and this feature will come in an update soon after launch.
“We know our users have spent a ton of time building their own leagues in SMB2,“ said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “We’re working on a way to transfer that hard work over to the new game so you can pick up where you left off.”
A major online gameplay feature is also under development and will be announced prior to launch, but that will sit nicely with the previously announced features which include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
Can’t wait for Super Mega Baseball 3 on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC? Let us know what you’re hoping the game will bring by posting in the comments below. And don’t forget to give that latest features trailer a watch too.