Ready to start smashing balls once more? Metalhead Software are dropping Super Mega Baseball 3 to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this coming April.
Coming from Metalhead Software and promising to not just refine the existing formula to provide the deepest experience to the most critically acclaimed baseball series, but also delivering cross-platform play over Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, Super Mega Baseball 3 is most certainly looking to step up to the plate.
Super Mega Baseball 3 will provide baseball fans across console and PC the opportunity to get involved in a super deep on-field simulation experience, working not just offline with a new Franchise mode and enhanced visuals, but also with comprehensive online options, letting players climb divisions and prove to the world that they have the ultimate baseball skills.
Further to this and Super Mega Baseball 3 will also offer a revamped UI, tons of new audio, additional team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. Throw in the usual easy-to-learn gameplay that scales seamlessly from beginner to super mega levels of difficulty, and it seems like Metalhead could once again be on to a winner.
“This is the most well-rounded experience we’ve put together yet with a lot of content and a good variety of modes that cover single player and online gameplay,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “We’ve kept it simple – one purchase gets you the whole package and there are no in-game purchases.”
Super Mega Baseball 3 features include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pick-off and base stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends.
Super Mega Baseball 3 will hit Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this April and we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as a confirmed launch date is known. But it won’t just be in full game form that it arrives and thanks to free demo and trial versions those not sure whether the baseball life will be for them will be able to partake in an unlimited number of games in the competitive online Pennant Race mode, promoting short matchmaking times and an active online userbase.
Interested in what Super Mega Baseball 3 will provide? Let us know what you want from the game. The comments are down below.