MLB: The Show may be waiting in the wings, and Super Mega Baseball 3 may have already hit for a home run, but today we see R.B.I. Baseball 21 step up to the plate, ready to batter up for victory.
Present and correct for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (Optimised), PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, R.B.I. Baseball 21 is the latest in the ever increasingly long line of baseball titles to come to console and PC. This is the eighth title in the long running series developed by Major League Baseball and with it comes an all-new All-Star roster, this time lead by cover athlete Tom Anderson of the Chicago White Sox.
Priced at £24.99 from the Xbox Store – if you’re preferring to line up on other formats, that price may vary very slightly – R.B.I. Baseball 21 continues with the age-old legacy of offering up arcade styled baseball – just this time with a whole host of new features and enhancements.
In fact, the list of new in-demand offerings on the table with R.B.I. Baseball 21 is pretty slick, with play-by-play comms, a create-a-player mode, tons of data, numerous scenarios and a whole range of customisation options letting you amend batting controls and the camera. Throw in all 30 MLB clubs and their players, more than 165 Legendary folk for good measure, and player models that bring the realism more than ever before and the job is certainly a good ‘un here.
In fact, the features run to a hefty old list…
- Create-A-Player Mode: with enormous customization options, create a slugger that fits your style and make him an MLB superstar
- Play-by-play Commentary: Our most requested feature – Play-by-play has come to R.B.I. Baseball! Striiiiiiiiiike!
- Progressive Time of Day: watch the sun set over the third-base line with all-new time of day improvements! Afternoon games will progress into night and more
- Pick up and play with exhibition mode – Fast-paced baseball on demand
- Start a dynasty with Franchise mode – pick your team and develop your own MLB story
- Challenge the world with Online Play – Prove you’re the best with head-to-head matchups
- Crush monster homers in Home Run Derby mode – lift the trophy with your favorite slugger
- Deep customization options allow for you to manage the complexity to the way you like
- 12 batting control style combinations – crush dingers your way
- Customize difficulty with contextual difficulty sliders
- Set your preferred camera angle for pitching and batting with 19 options
- Jam out to over 20 licensed tracks, including songs by Justin Bieber & Travis Scott, The Chainsmokers, Diplo, blackbear & more
- Incredible player model improvements make the action more realistic than ever
- Pitch paths driven by MLB STATCAST totally unique to pitchers in the game
- Play-by-play commentary makes the game feel more natural than ever before
- Weekly Roster Updates keeps your squad up to date with the latest MLB breakout stars
- Play as all 30 MLB Clubs & every player, as well as over 165+ legendary MLB players and clubs
It’s not just about hitting and hoping though, and accompanying the action is a super solid soundtrack, one that brings in the likes of Cypress Hill, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott and more. You can find the listing over on Spotify, with the following 21 tracks present…
- All Time Low – Wake Up, Sunshine
- American Authors – Brick By Brick
- Cypress Hill – Champion Sound
- Diplo ft. Thomas Rhett & Young Thug – Dance With Me
- Seeb & Julie Bergan – Don’t You Wanna Play?
- The Knocks – Get Happy (NVDES Edit with Blu DeTiger)
- Joel Corry – Head & Heart (feat. MNEK)
- R3HAB (feat. A R I Z O N A) – I Can Feel Alive
- blackbear – i feel bad
- Paul Woolford & Diplo – Looking For Me (featuring Kareen Lomax)
- Justin Bieber – Second Emotion (feat. Travis Scott)
- Saint PHNX – Shake
- Yez Yez ft. Daphne Willis – We’re Back
- Cold War Kids – Who’s Gonna Love Me Now
- Jasmine Thompson and Zedd – Funny
- Marcus King – The Well
- Gryffin & John Martin – Cry
- Love Fame Tragedy – Riding A Wave
- Patrick Martin – Stranger Nights
- The Chainsmokers, Kygo – Family
- Conan Gray – Maniac
Our full review of R.B.I. Baseball 21 on Xbox Series X|S will be fired your way as soon as we can. But in the meantime, check out that Xbox Store or your own personal favourite should you play on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch or PC.
And let us know what you think of the latest baseball title to hit console. The comments are below.
PLAY YOUR WAY. Create a legacy and make a statement. The world of MLB awaits in R.B.I. Baseball 21. R.B.I. is the fast-paced, easy-to-learn baseball franchise perfect for anyone who wants to pick up and play, and R.B.I. Baseball 21 brings new features including create-a-player, play-by-play commentary, immersive time-of-day, and incredible visual improvements. Step up to the plate, crush home runs, and take your club to a World Series title in R.B.I. Baseball 21.