Award winning? Check. Narrative-based dark fantasy? Double Check. Indie sensation? Check, check, check. Yep, there’s much to be intrigued by with the release of The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante on Xbox and PlayStation.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox series X|S, PS4 and PS5, after taking down the PC Steam world with some very positive reviews, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante from Sever Studios and 101XP is most definitely one you will not want to miss.
It’s priced at £20.99 from the Xbox Store, and you should expect to pay around that price on PlayStation too, to deliver a wonderful experience the way of Xbox and PlayStation players.
Mostly focused on the narrative-driven RPG elements that power it along, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante will see you following the life, and the suffering (and yep, the title gives it away) of Sir Brante, moving from the early years, through middle age and into the latter years of life. The decisions you make from those in his journal will define how you life out the live of the man.
What this means is that Sir Brante’s world is in your hands, so if you wish for him to have a nice, rather modest life, make sure you choose correctly. Surely you won’t put him through a world of destruction and strife?
There’s a ton going on in The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante, with the key features and details summing it up best…
- At the turn of time – Every imperial citizen’s life is predetermined by their estate. The deities known as the Twin Gods have bestowed this truth to the world, dividing mortals into Lots. The nobles lead and rule over others, while the clergy guides people on the one true path, and the lowborn suffer, toiling away for the glory of the Empire. You may accept your fate without question, but it is also in your power to change the cosmic order that governs all.
- Your choice is not an illusion – Divided into chapters, the game keeps track of the player’s deeds, the skills they acquired, as well as other overlapping circumstances that shape a unique plotline for each playthrough. Every decision has its consequences and you will be held accountable throughout the entire journey. To protect your family and loved ones, to impose the rule of the Emperor and make a fortune, or to try and change the world as you see fit… Make your choice, but beware of the follies of pride and ambition.
- Fight for your life – One man is anything but omnipotent in this realm yet under your guidance, Sir Brante may become a person who can endure every trial fate throws at him and rewrite the very laws that govern his world! Develop and train your character, leveling up such traits as determination, sensitivity, and endurance. All of the hero’s skills, starting with those acquired in infancy, will affect his personality, worldview, and relationships, ultimately unlocking new talents and possible storylines.
- Find your own path – The first complete walkthrough can take you upwards of 15 hours! Numerous branching paths that affect the unfolding story will make every playthrough a unique experience: become a noble judge, learn the ways of the inquisition, plot a revolution as a member of a secret society, or embrace an entirely different purpose. Be brave and fate itself shall bend to your will!
- There and hereafter – Resurrection system allows the character to keep his experience upon death, letting the player reevaluate past steps and make adjustments to their strategy going forward. Take control not only of your life but also your demise, then put everything at stake in this cycle of death and rebirth!
We’re working on a full review of The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante on Xbox Series X|S so be sure to check that out in the next few days. If you decide it’s one that you just have to take in, you’ll discover the download you need over at the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store.
Just remember to choose right, yeah?
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante is a narrative-driven RPG that comes to life on the pages of the protagonist’s journal. Set in a ruthless world where any form of dissent is mercilessly crushed, the story follows a man who has dared to challenge the existing order. Set out on a lifelong journey and become an individual able to carve out their own destiny… But remember that freedom never comes cheap. Life in the Great Arknian Empire is harsh and its hardest Lot is yours by the circumstance of birth. You are a commoner, holding no rights and no title. To seize your fate and become the rightful heir to the legacy of the Brante family you will have to come to grips with ossified tradition and prejudice. Embarking on a life-long journey from one’s birth until true death, you will have to endure great upheavals, face adversity, and make many difficult choices. Every decision will affect not only the protagonist, his family, and loved ones, but may even topple the foundation of the Empire itself.