The team at Snowman know a thing or two about style, after all, it was they who dropped the gorgeously addictive The Alto Collection to console and PC back in 2020. Now though they are back with an equally stunning experience as we get the chance to flip, trick, grind and roll our way through Skate City.
Available right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through both Steam and the Epic Games Store, Skate City is a skateboarders dream, giving players the chance to show their skills in style, ranking up points and nailing challenges in the process.
Priced at £12.49, Skate City will drop players into the highly stylised cities of Los Angeles, Oslo and Barcelona, before leaving them to their own devices, creating lines, nailing routes and proving their boarding prowess.
Endless Skate modes populate all three city landscapes, and these will task you with nothing but honing your skills, with objective and challenge making keeping things fresh.
But then there are numerous set challenges found away from that too, with your skills and commitment deciding the medal payouts come the end of each run. If you manage to nail what is asked of you, gold medals and in-game credits (to then spend on skills and cosmetics) fast become yours.
- Coast through three iconic locations based off of real-world skate spots in Los Angeles, Oslo, and Barcelona.
- Pull off realistic tricks with ease and skate just like the pros.
- Hundreds of combinations are available, including flip tricks, grabs, grinds, spins, and manuals.
- Complete over 100 challenges or chill out and ride at your own pace with Endless Skate.
- Customize your skater by picking up a new deck, trucks, wheels, shoes, hats, glasses, and clothes in the skate shop. You can also change your hair style, and skin tone, or unlock new moves and upgrade
- Original soundtrack of atmospheric lo-fi beats.
- Capture and share your best runs with our in-game recording tools. You can zoom in, use a fish-eye lens, spin the camera and even slow down time to highlight your best tricks!
With a similar vibe to The Alto Collection, albeit with some serious Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater vibes, if you’re looking for something to kickback with, hopping in for 15 minutes to keep your eye in, or in order to waste a good few hours as you go in search of a challenge, Skate City on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC should well suffice.
Our full review is coming in hot so keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, pick up a copy of the game from your favoured digital store – the Xbox Store being our preference.
Skate the streets of real-world, iconic destinations from around the globe. Master combos of flip tricks, manuals, and grinds to set high scores in challenge mode, or ride at your own pace with Endless Skate. Head over to the skate shop to customize your skater & unlock everything else available!