The award-winning Team17 have teamed up with Finnish based indie developers Reinkout Games to reveal a supercharged puzzler that’s coming out in 2018. Mugsters is its name and saving the world will be the aim!
In Mugsters, the mission is fairly straightforward; rescue survivors, destroy aliens, collect crystals and solve puzzles. Okay, so maybe there are a few objectives to take note of in this physics-based, action puzzle game in order to succeed. Expect to experiment with the environmental traps and vehicles within the different sandbox levels in a bid to outrun, out-manoeuvre and outsmart the enemy invaders. You’ll even be able to attempt to escape these pesky aliens with a friend in two-player local co-op.
- Fast Paced Action! – Tackle a variety of dangers across a series of ingenious levels. Watch out for alien abduction rays, rocket turrets and a myriad of traps whilst escaping the pesky invaders, who are forever on your heels.
- Physics! – Experiment with a physics-based, sandbox environment. Complete your objectives as you see fit, and throw in a few exploding barrels for good measure.
- Vehicles! – With more than 30 types of vehicles at your disposal; you can ram, lance, shred and shoot your way to freedom as you sock it to the extraterrestrial terrors.
- Puzzles! – It takes brains to survive these hostile islands. Use a mixture of explosives, traps and vehicles to save the humans, collect crystals and get the hell out. Just try not to run yourself over!
- Multiplayer! – Team up and take on this world-dominating menace with a friend. All the single player campaign missions are fully remixed for full two-player local co-op action!
Mugsters is coming to PC and consoles sometime in 2018 and we’ll be sure to keep you updated with a more concrete release date as we receive more information. For now though, have a watch of the wacky announcement trailer…