It seems as if the beat ’em up genre has been given a new lease of life in recent months and today we are seeing news that should please many a fan – Raging Justice is coming, and it’ll be here in 2018!
A new partnership between Team17 and MakinGames has confirmed that Raging Justice will be kicking and punching its way to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2018.
You’ll have to be ready for a test though as the streets of Big Smoke City aren’t for the faint-hearted. Gangs and their thugs rule the streets and that means there is danger lurking behind every corner. In fact, things are so tough that the city doesn’t need a hero – it needs someone who is tough and rough enough to take on the scum that festers in the streets. The city needs some Rage, and some Justice!
Thankfully that comes in the form of gritty maverick cops, Rage and Justice, as they prepare to take on the gangs and take the city back.
Name: Rick Justice
Info: Rick is a cop who’s been on the force for as long as anyone can remember and he’s damn good at it. That being said, he hasn’t got to where he is by playing by the rules: he tends to punch first and ask questions later.
Name: Nikki Rage
Info: Nikki is a highly skilled, ex-military combatant with a knack for getting herself into sticky situations. However, she gets the job done and has the highest conviction record on the force.
A classic brawler that has been brought back to life with HD graphics and surround sound, Raging Justice will see you battling your way through hordes of thugs, unleashing maximum brutality with Rick Justice and Nikki Rage’s savage fighting styles as you choose whether to arrest or annihilate your foes. You can play as a good cop or bad cop, with each choice having specific consequences that will result in a different ending to the game.
Key features of Raging Justice include all of the following:
- Arrest warrants – You have the option to either obliterate your foes or play the rules and arrest them. Being a good cop has its benefits it’s a healthier lifestyle which means…well, more health but in the heat of a brawl, violence can sometimes be the answer. You get more points playing bad cop but it’s a dog eat dog world so watch out that your mate doesn’t swipe the loot before you do.
- Combat – Kick, punch and stomp your way through levels of 2D carnage with Rick and Nikki’s distinctive fighting styles
- Unique art style – Raging Justice has a distinctive art style reminiscent of classic arcade favourites brought to life with high definition 3D renders
- Vehicles – Mow down your foes on four wheels by jumping aboard lawnmowers and tractors. Vehicles will make you untouchable but if their health hits zero be prepared for an explosive exit!
- Weapons – Gear up with a variety of weapons. Smash your way through a bar fight with a stool, hit a home run with a baseball bat or ruffle your foes feathers with a deadly pigeon
- Leaderboard – Fight for the top spot on the global leaderboards. As the tension rises so can your score, use precision, timing and a tactical mind to secure your place among the best!
- Co-op multiplayer – Don’t battle through the streets alone, enlist a friend to help you in some multiplayer madness.
We can’t wait to jump into the boots of Rage and Justice. If you agree, then you’ll probably want to check out the trailer below.