If you’re after something pretty unique then the upcoming launch of Moving Out from Team17, SMG Studio and DevM Games is certainly going to be something to keep a look out for. And today not only has a new gameplay trailer been unveiled, but the Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC release date comes in tow.
Originally due to launch back in 2019, Moving out is now fixed to arrive come 28th April 2020 you’ll be needing to book the van and get moving boxes as Moving Out launches on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. Moving Out will us given the chance to relocate furnishings in increasingly bizarre locations, all whilst enjoying a fast-paced furniture moving simulator that brings a whole new meaning to the words ‘couch co-op’.
Whether you take on the moving test alone or grab a friend (or up to three) and jump into some multiplayer removal fun in Moving Out matters little, for once in you’ll find a game full of fun and madness. See, it is the town of Packmore which awaits, and its inhabitants need to move ASAP – and that is where you come in working for the friendly Furniture Arrangement & Relocation Technicians (F.A.R.Ts) from the newly established ‘Smooth Moves’ removal company.
Featuring a wide range of inclusive character customisation options ranging from hijabs to glasses and wheelchairs, players are able to truly live out their furniture removal dreams in a style that perfectly represents them.
And for those who would just like an extra helping hand, there are options to ensure everybody can enjoy the game equally. A wide variety of accessibility features are open for use, including but not limited to; increased time limits, dyslexia-friendly text, keyboard rebinding on PC, the ability to skip levels and a sliding scale for the user interface size.
- Couch co-op. Players can either take on Moving Out solo or enlist the help of up to three friends as they figure out the quickest way to get a fridge to the bottom of a five-storey building without breaking it.
- Location, location, location. No move is too big, too small, or too weird. Work through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses and even head into space to keep customers happy!
- Physics. Need to get a large item of furniture down some steps? Gravity is a F.A.R.T’s best friend. Glass door in the way? Smash right through it. Throwing things over railings will always be quicker than carrying them the long way around.
- Character Customisation. Choose from a roster of movers from humans to anthropomorphic animals and appliances that can be tailored to suit the job at hand.
- Assist Mode. Increased time limits, skippable levels and removal of dangers are just some of the options available in assist mode.
- Accessibility Options. Dyslexia-friendly text, scalable user interface, and remappable keyboard controls make the Moving Out experience as inclusive as possible.
Ashley Ringrose, CEO of SMG Studio said:
“We are excited to announce the release date for Moving Out as 28th April. Moving Out takes couch co-op to a whole new level and we’re excited to see the world start moving through the fantastically wholesome and zany world we have crafted.”
Max Everingham, Head of Publishing Team17 said:
“Playing together with family and friends has always been at the core of what we do at Team17. Moving Out is the newest addition to our roster of fantastic multiplayer games that we hope will join the likes of Overcooked! as a firm family favourite.”
We will be sure to remind you when that 28th April launch day for Moving Out comes around. In the meantime though, check out the latest trailer below and get a feel for how things will be playing out.