It kinda sells itself huh? Testament: The Order of High Human has today been revealed, promising to take the best bits of God of War, Dark Souls and The Elder Scrolls in hope of delivering a stunning action-adventure RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world.
From the Fairyship Games team, Testament: The Order of High Human will look to follow the vibe set by the studio; a narrative-based action RPG that features Metroidvania elements and first person adventuring amid a fantasy world.
It’s currently in development for Xbox, PlayStation and PC, and whilst there are no launch dates confirmed, we’re expecting to see this one on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC ‘soon’.
When it does arrive it’ll have you taking on the role of Aran, seen by many as the king of High humans in the land of Tessara. He serves as the guardian of the realm, but in a twist, Aran has been betrayed by his brother, Arva, robbed of his powers as the world around him is plunged into darkness and overrun by monsters.
You’ll be tasked with helping Aran in regaining his powers and confronting Arva to restore Tessara to its former glory, upgrading his sword, bow, and magic abilities as you like to ensure you are able to develop your own unique fighting style.
Testament: The Order of High Human should be seen as a tale of a fallen king’s journey to save his realm from darkness and destruction, which – as co-creator and studio co-founder Moe Naderi explains – pays homage to leagues of different games and genres.
“The best way to describe Testament: The Order of High Human is to say it’s a big melting pot of the best elements from some of the biggest adventure games from the last decade,” offers Naderi. “if you take God of War from 2018, throw in some Elder Scrolls, and a slice of two of Dark Souls for good measure, all played out in first-person, and you’ve got the world of Testament in a nutshell.”
So, features? Expect the following…
- Experience an immersive combat style based around three different approaches, each one designed to offer their own unique traits that allows the player to rely on it to get through the majority of play.
- Master sword game-play with a variation of destructive and elemental combos.
- Take charge of 15 magic abilities including single-target spells, traps, Area of Effect (AoE attacks), Damage per Second (DPS), and defensive spells.
- Utilize a magical bow with four different types of arrows such as normal arrow, ricochet arrow, explosive arrow, and passthrough arrow.
- Take advantage of a grand XP and upgrade system that motivates players to fully explore every land and dungeon.
- Experience unique gameplay areas with exciting platforming that reminds of the nostalgic excitement from retro 2D platformers.
- Take charge of a brand new ‘Eclipse System’ based on gameplay entities called eyes of darkness and it consists of 3 different gameplay mechanics that can work separately or together to deliver exciting encounters and challenges.
- Use more than 18 consumables at the player’s disposal. These craftable items can effect the player’s health and mana or create enhancements on the players belongings and surroundings. Using them together can deliver advantages to help players shape their own playing style.
- Take on more than 40 main and side-quests, carefully crafted and relevant to the games consistent storytelling.
- Experience strong and engaging storytelling with a nonlinear narrative style.
We’ll keep you in the loop regarding a release of Testament: The Order of High Human on Xbox, PlayStation and PC, but with the team of 30 folk having worked on this for four and a half years, it should hopefully turn out to be something special.
Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think.