Only a matter of time before we saw Tetris pop up on the super powerful all conquering Xbox One, and today Ubisoft have announced it’ll be here this summer.
What better way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Tetris?
There will be six exciting modes; Marathon, Endless, Ultra, Sprint, Battle and Power-Up Battle, fun features and unique visuals as Tetris Ultimate will allow 1–4 players to face off on the Xbox One.
- Marathon – Get to level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Go as high as level 30 and keep clearing lines as long as possible.
- Ultra – Get your highest score before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your opponents.
- Power-Up Battle – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines – especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
Addtionally, the inclusion of numerous social feeds and leaderboards will see you battling against friends and those around the world with much intensity!
Check out the Ubisoft booth at E3 where Alexey Pajitnov, the creator of Tetris will be on hand to showcase Tetris Ultimate and sign autographs. The game will be playable at Ubisoft’s Uplay™ lounge in The Standard hotel during E3.