Due to arrive later in 2022 – Fall 2022 to be exact – Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers is a new 2D shooter, one that will have you travelling back through the 1950s, destroying any alien foes that you may come across.
Created by the Loomiarts, Fehorama Filmes and WhisperGames teams, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers will give you the chance to prove yourself as part of a rebel cause, rocking up in the 1950s with one Lieutenant Kaya as you help her and her team take down the alien scum, battle flaying saucers and indulge in a bit of a boss battle fight.
It’s due to launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC this coming Fall, telling how a group of extraterrestrials called the Vega Corporation one day visit earth to provide unlimited resources to earth to help the human race endure. Things soon turn though and when the darker side of the corporation rises to the surface and an uprising begins, Lieutenant Kaya and the rest of the squadron band together to stop Vega and its ruthless leader Director Zarog.
You’ll get to experience the story through live-action cutscenes and dubbed voice overs in black and white, all as you ascend through more than eleven levels ranging from snowy mountains, busy cityscapes, and dense forests to defeat waves of alien ships. Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers will let you face an onslaught of enemy ships around every corner, with difficulty settings to choose from so every rookie or veteran pilot can fly.
And if you are not ready to take on those pesky aliens by yourself, you’ll be able to invite a second player to enter levels at anytime and earn points together to unlock new weapons and upgrades.
Key features include:
- Classic gameplay – Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers is a SHOOT ‘EM UP! game with four different aircrafts to play and set up with special weapons.
- Cinematic experience – Glorious black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between the squadron and Director Zarog’s alien supremacy.
- 11 levels – Fight against enemy ships and bosses in many different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and many others.
- Dynamic difficulty – No matter if you’re a rookie or a veteran shooting star, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty which allows every pilot to enjoy the fight.
- Multiplayer – Feeling lonely against Aliens? Invite a friend! A second player can enter a level any time. Earn points with your friend and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades.
Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers is looking set to crash land on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC later this fall. If you can’t wait until then, you can test your shooting skills by taking in the demo now on Steam.