There are times when you just need to kick back with something delightful, and come later in 2021 the teams at 505 Games and Prideful Sloth will be delivering just that as they launch Grow: Song of the Evertree onto Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Set to sprout later this year thanks to a collaboration between 505 Games and Australian developer Prideful Sloth (Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles), Grow: Song of the Evertree will see players following a cozy gaming movement and breathtaking world-crafting sandbox, all whilst mixing in life management and exploration elements.
In Grow players are introduced to the once vibrant and colourful world of Alaria; a land that has been abandoned and overrun by the mysterious Withering. Over time, Alaria has faded and the magnificent Evertree – whose many worlds once resided on its countless branches – is now nothing more than a sapling with its splendor long erased from memory.
“With Grow we wanted to create a game that gave the player a sense of adding to the world, rather than taking away from it. This world is a giant garden, a place where you can tend and care for it, guiding it in the direction you wish it to grow,” said Cheryl Vance, Game Designer at Prideful Sloth. “We give you the ability to craft and customise your game experience; to let you determine the pace in which you do it. If you find a cave and get sidetracked from your current objective, that’s ok! If you want to befriend as many critters as you can, that’s ok, too. You are encouraged to play the way you want to, without penalty or pressure.”
As Everheart Alchemists, it’ll be up to you and other players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC to learn how to nurture, care for, and grow new and unique worlds within the branches of the Evertree. As the old inhabitants return and life begins to blossom, players will be able to meet them, learn their stories, and create a dream town to nurture a blooming community.
The key features of Grow: Song of the Evertree include:
- Discover a Vibrant Unique World… at Your Own Pace – Find unique places, blooming with fantastic fauna and flora as you are encouraged to explore this beautiful world at your own pace. How do you want to spend your time? Exploring caves and solving puzzles, collecting minerals and flowers, fishing, catching bugs or talking to people… it’s up to you!
- Grow Your Own Worlds! – Learn to craft World Seeds through Alchemy to generate totally new worlds with unique characteristics. Tend those worlds to rejuvenate them and see how they change and watch as new properties emerge before your very eyes! You can generate unique meadows, deserts, frozen worlds and… oh, well… Alchemy is not an exact science, some seeds may contain unexpected surprises.
- Meet New People and Create A Community! – Get to know interesting and unique characters, listen to their stories, and help them when they need it. You can make them happier by finding a place for them to stay, helping them land their dream job, or gifting them accessories and decorations.
- Build the Town of Your Dreams – Grow offers an impressive catalogue of the cutest buildings and structures to create the town you want. Place them freely and customize them to make sure it feels like home!
- A Beautiful Soundtrack – Enjoy music by games and anime composer, Kevin Penkin. Kevin’s glorious soundtracks have been nominated for a BAFTA award for ‘Florence’, and won Crunchyroll Awards for ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Tower of God’
- Mystery! – Ruins, caves, secret areas… explore and unveil the long-lost knowledge of the Evertree by accessing its very heart.
You’ll find Grow: Song of the Evertree arriving on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC later in 2021. Wishlisting it on Steam is most certainly a possibility.