In need of a new, super relaxing city builder much like the classics of The Settlers and Anno? Auroch Digital, Code by Fire and Mode 7 are bringing The Colonists to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch later this year.
Inspired by the likes of Anno and having already gone down brilliantly on Steam, The Colonists will be launching on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and Nintendo Switch at some point in 2021, giving console gamers the chance to kick back and utilise the wonders of the robot and automated production in the hope that some successful settlement can be grown.
In The Colonists you’ll be found harvesting the most precious of resources, will need to set up production lines, and will find yourself constructing transport systems that cover the road, boats, and railways. By ding do you’ll be able to venture out, taking in all-new lands as you vie for space in the world and battle for survival.
The Colonists will let you go hunting success however you see fit, with both peaceful and military campaigns in place, a ton of challenges to enjoy and the opportunity to go wild with a sandbox mode. And those at Auroch (Megaquarium, Mars Horizon), Code by Fire and Mode 7 are promising that the move to console will ensure that the same brilliant The Colonists vibe is felt no matter what platform you play on. New controls that has been re-designed from the ground up will make things feel natural, the UI will be reworked for console-land, and there will even be additional Robot Hats in place for those who, well, like hats.
In all, The Colonists should cover the bases required of any relaxing city-building game, with the following features all in hand…
- Harvest: Gather Resources like wood, iron, stone, fish, and lots more
- Refine: Turn resources into useful items, like bread, bricks, and planks
- Build: Create homes, farms, and factories for your bots to live in and work on
- Research: Advance technologies from steam trains to space rockets
- Expand: Increase the complexity and reap rewards as you chase productivity zen
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military branches
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders
We’ll be sure to bring you any further developmental progress updates in regards The Colonists as and when we can. With the PC version proving a massive hit with some seriously decent Steam reviews, we’re excited to see the game come to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.