If you’re up for a trip to a dystopian world, then Meridiem Games and ChaoticBrain Studios will sort you out in 2023, as they prepare to release the cyberpunk-themed graphic adventures of Neon Blood to the world.
Coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC, Neon Blood has been put together by the ChaoticBrain Studios team, picked up for publishing by Meridiem Games as they look to cover what is needed for any fans of graphical adventures – particularly if they want those adventures to come with a cyberpunk theme.
Due to hit in 2023, Neon Blood will fuse together 2D pixelarted sprites with 3D-modelled environments, helping immerse players into the deepest of adventures; adventures fill with intriguing characters and numerous plot twists.
It focuses on a land that has been devastated by World War III, as you are thrust into the year 2053 to find that humanity has been reduced to a single macropolis – Virdis. It’s this place which is home to the luxury of Bright City and the dystopian nightmare of Blind City.
You play as a detective from the latter city, a guy called Axel McCoin, as you go on the hunt to sort out the injustices in the world. Meeting powerful allies and equally powerful foes, you’ll need to help Axel succeed in each and every quest.
The key features of Neon Blood, as it prepares to launch on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC in 2023, include…
- Neon Blood unviels an elaborate and deep story with a cyberpunk theme that serves as a thread to tell the story of Axel and the relationships he will establish throughout his adventure.
- Character interaction and exploration will lead the Axel through the micropolis of Viridis revealing the different realities of the two cities to players.
- Neon Blood has been been created using stunning 2.5D visuals, based on the use of 2D sprites in PixelArt with 3D-modelled environments, maintaining an aesthetic differentiation between the 2D characters and the 3D environments.
- Explore the two deeply contrasting cities with markedly different aesthetics – the futuristic sc-fi cityscape of Bright City and dark, gritty cyberpunk inspired Blind City.
- Use the investigative skills of detective Axel McCoin to reveal the dark secrets of Viridis and set in motion a revolution that could destroy the foundations of society.
Give the trailer a watch and let us know what you think. You can get wishlisting on Steam too.