There is no debating the fact that Ubisoft nailed it with the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, but much like the other titles that they deal with, throwing out a release and forgetting about it isn’t in the Ubi mindset. And fast upcoming is another new content drop for the game, with “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle” not only receiving the longest DLC title in history, but full details and a release date. And the best thing about it? It’ll be here before you know it!
The biggest title update to hit The Division 2 will include a whole host of new main missions, along with some major fixes to the game, a ton of improvements, a new PvP mode and much more.
So, first things first, and Ubisoft has announced that October 15th will be the release date for its latest content update to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and it is that day where we will see “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle” arrive.
Alongside that though we will see the drop of Title Update 6, which also brings a wealth of game improvements and a new Conflict PvP mode. Full details of all the content additions are below, but you should know that Episode 2 will become available for Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers on October 15th, before dropping on October 22nd for all players. And it is this latest episode in The Division 2’s Year 1 free content plan that features escalation in Washington D.C. for Division Agents, as Black Tusk forces continue to wreak havoc around the city. In Episode 2, players must fight to solve the ongoing outbreak crisis. It will be up to Agents to uncover the secrets inside the Pentagon before it falls into the hands of The Black Tusk.
Content featured in “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle” includes:
Two New Main Missions:
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2.
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
New “Technician” Specialisation:
From October 15th, Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will instantly unlock the Technician Specialisation. Players who do not own the Year 1 Pass can unlock the specialisation by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialisation is unlocked. The latest specialisation includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Classified Assignments (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers) Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in America’s capital. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
The latest title update also brings an unprecedented number of fixes and improvements, as well as a brand new PvP mode.
Major Fixes and Improvements:
Players will see significant game improvements in The Division 2 from October 15th. These improvements were developed thanks to community feedback on game forums and following last month’s Elite Task Force workshop, during which community members visited Ubisoft Massive studio in Malmö, Sweden to share thoughts and ideas about the game. Fixes and improvements include:
- Targeted Loot
- Named Items overhauled
- Crafting Changes
- Recalibration Changes
- Filled Brands
- Inventory Management 2.0
- Increased stash space
- Rebalance of talents and weapons
- Dark Zone Server Transfers
- Updated Thieves’ Den Vendor
- Dark Zone Supply Drops Changes
- Occupied Dark Zone Ambushes
- Normalization in Dark Zone changes
- Conflict: Loadout Selection during map voting
- Bonus armor visualization increased
- Conflict: End of Match Rewards changes
- Stored tutorials
Unfortunately, and as part of Ubisoft’s commitment to the overall fixes and improvements to the game, The Division 2’s second raid will be delayed. The additional time allows the development team to focus on the overall quality of The Division 2, while developing a raid that will better meet the standards of its players.
However, there will be a new Conflict PvP Mode:
- The new Team Elimination PvP mode pits two teams of four into a best-of-seven round battle. Rounds will end once an entire team has been eliminated or time has expired. Team Elimination provides a teamwork focused tactical experience for players. Team Elimination takes effect on October 15th.
… and a New map: The “Wharf”:
- The new map ‘Wharf’ is on par with previous PvP maps in terms of size and takes players to an abandoned fishing harbour. It offers tactical gameplay opportunities, through flanking routes and raised positions.
Just to round things off, a free Weekend will also take place…
- Players who have not yet had a chance to play The Division 2 will have the opportunity to try the game for free between October 17th-20th. In addition Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will be on sale later this month, allowing players to continue the adventure at a discounted price. Those who purchase the game after the Free Weekend will keep their progression.
If you haven’t yet played The Division 2 then this latest round of updates should most certainly tempt you in. Let us know what you think of the additions. The comments section is down below.