It was just a few short weeks ago that we saw Kingdom Rush arrive on the Xbox Store, giving players additional tower defense options. Now though Ironhide Game Studios are building those defenses higher still, with launch of Kingdom Rush Frontiers.
Available right this minute to purchase, download and play, Kingdom Rush Frontiers is Ironhide’s enchantingly charming tower defense game, now available across Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
A game that promises to be bigger, badder and – we hope – better than anything that has come before it, Kingdom Rush Frontiers again places you in the shoes of an army commander, left to control their troops and fight back against all manner of foes and opponents.
It’s something that we are totally familiar with, not only because we threw a 4/5 review score out just recently for the original Kingdom Rush, but because the tower defense scene is one that we’ve found ourselves falling into time and time again.
It’s exactly that which has happened with Kingdom Rush Frontiers and whilst our full review is upcoming, there’s a chance this could well be up there with the best games of the genre. Much of that is due to the sheer amount of content included in Kingdom Rush Frontiers, with dragons, man-eating plants and those creeping out of the underworld all ready to take down your soldiers. You’ll need to prioritise how you get your troops working, upgrading and building them out like never before.
There are big numbers kicking around with the release of Kingdom Rush Frontiers on Xbox, with more than 18 different towers, 8 upgrades to those structures, 16 heroes, 40 enemies, 3 difficulty modes and upwards of 80 Xbox achievements all in place. In fact, the key features summary reads well…
- Over 18 tower abilities: Unleash death riders, pestilence clouds, or assassins that steal and clash your enemies.
- 8 specialized tower upgrades: Slice, sizzle, and stomp foes with crossbow forts, mighty templars, necromancers, and even earthquake machines.
- 16 Legendary heroes: Choose among mighty champions and train their abilities.
- Over 40 enemies with epic and unique abilities: Fight through desert sandworms, tribal shamans, nomad tribes, and underground terrors.
- Over 80 achievements: Players will be hooked for hours searching for Easter eggs and epic achievements.
- 3 Difficulty modes: CLASSIC, IRON, and HEROIC to challenge the players tactical skills and clash the enemy.
You’ll find Kingdom Rush Frontiers on the Xbox Store right now. It’s priced at £8.39 which feels entirely reasonable for what we are getting. Let us know in the comments if you decide to jump in on this one.
Bigger and badder than ever before, Kingdom Rush: Frontiers is a whole new level of the furiously fast, enchantingly charming gameplay that made the original title an award-winning hit. Command your troops through an epic (mis)adventure as you defend exotic lands from dragons, man-eating plants, and ghastly denizens of the underworld -all with flashy new towers, levels, heroes, and more goodies to help you crush your foes to a pulp. (Don’t worry, we’ve still got all the good ol’ stuff from the last game, too. It’s vintage now.) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers packs in so much content, it’s like a fully upgraded artillery blast of mouthwatering, pixelated joy launched right into your smiling little face… and it hurts so good!