Brace yourselves as The Escapists are busting out and making a move for Xbox One.
Team 17 have today confirmed that their award winning sandbox prison escape game, The Escapists is coming to Xbox One as a digital download on 13th Feb 2015.
Debbie Bestwick, Team17’s Managing Director said, “The Escapists is a hilarious and truly captivating game that I personally backed on Kickstarter and have followed from the start. Since forming a partnership with Chris, the creator, back in February 2014, the game has gone on to win awards and has received fantastic critical acclaim through its current Early Access release. The work gone in from Mouldy Toof and Team17 on co-developing The Escapists is a great example of how our Indie Partnership Publishing Program works. As a game close to my heart, I absolutely cannot wait for the release and to hear tales of fans’ break out attempts!”
The Escapists is all about life as a crim as you plot and then attempt to pull off some of the most daring escapes known to man. With prisons filled with guards, any escape will need to be thought through carefully but how you go about that is entirely up to you. Wil you get a job? Will you perform ‘favours’ for your fellow inmates? Will you jsut make a big old run for it?
Features will include:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Around 200 items to find including 50+ craftable items
All that stands between you and freedom is a perfectly executed escape plan.