The zombie survival roguelite that is The Last Stand has stumbled onto PC today in the form of the Legacy Collection, but for those of us interested in the console scene, the wait to get involved in this survival affair will need to continue. The wait shouldn’t be too long though as Armor Games Studios and Con Artist Games confirm that The Last Stand: Aftermath will be found lurching onto console later this year.
The Last Stand Legacy Collection packages up the first three games in the series onto PC through Steam today, but it’s the upcoming arrival of The Last Stand: Aftermath which is most interesting to us. Coming from the publishing team at Armor Games Studios and developer Con Artist Games, the zombie survival roguelite game is coming to Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PS4 alongside the PC release in Q4 2021. And just to make things even more interesting, Armor Games has partnered with Merge Games to bring physical console versions of The Last Stand: Aftermath to retail.
The Last Stand: Aftermath is a brand-new upcoming title from the developer of the wildly popular The Last Stand series of web video games; with everything set during a cataclysmic zombie apocalypse.
In The Last Stand: Aftermath, players will find themselves taking control of one of a number of survivors, locked down following a deadly catastrophe. However, each survivor has been infected and must leave their compound to make the most of their final days. It’ll be up to them to gather supplies for those who they will be leaving behind, before hunting for the truth behind the zombie virus before they ultimately succumb to the infection.
But there’s a twist and with the fall of each survivor, players will take control of another, who will benefit from the progress made by their predecessors. The Last Stand: Aftermath therefore looks to pose the question: how much can you give before you are gone forever?
After a successful Kickstarter campaign managed to raise funding for the last phase of development, Con Artist Games has worked closely with their community of fans and backers to refine this into the biggest and best entry in the beloved series to date.
“Our team is super excited to finally bring The Last Stand: Aftermath to long-time fans of the series (and hopefully some new ones) later this year. We’re also thrilled to have the game coming to consoles, something we’ve been dreaming of since we started making games,” said Chris Condon, game director at Con Artist Games.
The key features will include:
- Fight with the Infection – As the infection mutates your body, discover new and unexpected abilities that will let you decimate the undead hordes before they overwhelm you.
- Explore and Craft – Explore a constantly shifting cityscape to find materials to craft new tools, weapons, and remedies. If you’re lucky you’ll find medicine, letting you roam for longer.
- Roguelike Loop – Death is assured, but the story doesn’t end there. Venture out as a newly infected survivor again, and again, and again as everyone makes their Last Stand.
- The Beginning of The End – With the promise of death ahead of you, you’re determined to make your last stand one for the record books: securing more supplies, and destroying more undead than anyone before.
- Dead Man Walking – Humans are fragile, it’s rare one survives long out amongst the hordes alone. Luckily, this infection makes you something else, something more. As your humanity ebbs and the affliction takes hold, you’ll discover new limits and abilities you never knew were buried deep within your DNA. Utilize your newfound skills to scavenge for weapons and medicine, or the materials you can use to make them.
The Last Stand: Aftermath will launch on Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and PC via Steam in Q4 2021 with the Merge Games physical retail copies hitting console too. Should you not be able to wait until later in the year and want to get a taste of what is to come The Last Stand Legacy Collection, a bundle containing The Last Stand, The Last Stand 2 and The Last Stand: Union City and featuring AI upscaled graphics, is available to buy on Steam now.