There’s been a lot of hype building for the release of the long-awaited Astalon: Tears of the Earth. But finally the day has arrived, as launch occurs on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Available to purchase right now, downloadable from the usual digital stores that power our lives, Astalon: Tears of the Earth comes about via the LABS Works team, with DANGEN Entertainment helping with the publishing rights.
Priced at just £16.74, this 8-bit action adventure is visually glorious. With character design handled by the legendary Ryusuke Mita, character switching available AND the option for you to play at your own pace, there’s much to love about what has been created here. You can then drop in on a ton of character abilities, hundreds of rooms to check out, a slew of brilliant enemies and the collection of numerous artifacts which will in turn bestow special powers on your merry gang.
A chiptune delight of a soundtrack brings this altogether as one as you and your three heroic adventurers work their way across a post-apocalyptic land, all in hope that they can save their village from utter despair. The problem is, it’s the secrets hidden within a dark and twisted tower that really hold the key to success – and we all know what that means!
Key features include:
- Relive the glory days of 8-bit action-adventure through beautifully detailed, authentic pixel art set in a dark, fantastic world! Astalon features the progressive exploration of worlds
- Original character design by Ryusuke Mita, creator of world-famous manga Dragon Half!
- Play at your own pace — explore thoroughly and build your characters strengths, or use risky methods to slice your way up the tower furiously!
- Switch between your heroes and utilize the unique abilities of a warrior, archer and wizard to progress through the game.
- Battle against a large assortment of different enemies, giant monsters, and epic bosses! Choose the right hero to find the weaknesses of the creatures that stand in your way!
- Upgrade your characters’ abilities and change the course of destiny by making deals with Epimetheus — the Titan of Death.
- Collect a variety of incredible artifacts such as the “Sword of Mirrors” that will bestow your characters with new abilities and open new possibilities.
- Use campfires to save your progress, change characters, and discover details about the heroes’ pasts.
- Hundreds of rooms to discover — hours of challenging exploration with a plethora of unlockables and secrets to reward the most inquisitive players!
- Experience an exciting soundtrack of chiptune music composed by Matt Kap, spanning over 30 pieces of music!
If you wish to know more about how Astalon: Tears of the Earth plays out, we highly advise you to spend some time taking in the words of those who created it. We had the chance to settle down with the team at LABS Works in order to discover more about the puzzling action-platformer and they had plenty to say.
Our full review of Astalon on Xbox will be with you very soon too. Keep an eye out for that as this promises to tell all on the secrets at hand.
If you’re sold on a purchase of this world and reckon you’ve got what it takes to help the trio of Arias, Kyuli and Algus overcome all odds, get over to the digital store of your choosing. We prefer the Xbox Store for times like this, but Astalon is also present for PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC players.
Uphold your pact with dark lord Epithemeus as you fight, climb and solve your way through a twisted tower as three unique adventurers on a mission to save their village in a post-apocalyptic world.