A hand-crafted 2D action platformer which promises to take you on a journey through discovery and redemption, Flynn: Son of Crimson has today arrived on PC and console – and it’s quite possibly a game you won’t want to miss.
Arriving through the Humble Games and Studio Thunderhorse teams, Flynn: Son of Crimson will whisk you off to the island of Rosantica; a land which sees its peace and beauty put under attack by a relentless evil. You see, there’s a magical barrier which keeps the isle safe from no good, but this has started to crack and in turn a whole host of dangerous creatures are discovering the opportunity to seep through, taking over Rosantica as they go.
It’s here where Flynn – and you – come in, attempting to stand up to the scourge to stop it in its tracks. You won’t need to do it alone though and with your mythical companion, Dex the Guardian Spirit of the Land, alongside you, this island could well be saved. It won’t be easy, mind.
Priced at £16.74 and available to purchase and download on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC through Humble Store, Steam and Win10, along with free play via the brilliance of Xbox Game Pass, Flynn: Son of Crimson promises to deliver a whole ton of delights, with a strong story, gorgeous visuals and the opportunity to become a master of the elements all present.
In fact, if you’re looking for a 2D action platforming hit, the hopes are high here.
The key features you need to worry about include:
- A Classic 2D Action Platformer – Flynn: Son of Crimson is a handcrafted 2D action platformer that will take you on a journey of discovery and conflict as you learn to master the art of Crimson Energy.
- Flynn and Dex – Summon your mythical companion and protector Dex in times of need and fight alongside her as you work to save Rosantica. Dex will excel in crushing tough walls and slashing/biting her way through hordes of enemies. She’s the best doggo a boy like Flynn could hope for!
- Explore Rosantica and The Scourge World – Explore Rosantica and its unique regions, each filled with ancient mysteries to be discovered. Collect relics along your journey and uncover new paths as you fight your way to victory.
- Embrace the Power of Crimson Energy – Flynn discovers he has powers he never knew about from a lineage that is a mystery. Discover the power of Crimson Energy and help Flynn to master this new part of him.
- Become a True Master of the Elements – Elemental Magic in the form of fire, ice, and lightning will be unlocked through a natural mutation with the flora of Rosantica.
Our full review of Flynn: Son of Crimson is in the works and will be delivered to your eyes soon. But for now you can find the game kicking around on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S through the Xbox Store (don’t forget Xbox Game Pass capabilities too), on PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC as well.