DIRT 5 is fast approaching release, but when Codemasters deliver the latest edition of the stunning franchise to gamers, it won’t just be about a the racing, and it won’t just be about the cars. It’ll also be about the soundtrack – a soundtrack which comes complete with some of the very biggest stars.
October 16th will see launch of DIRT 5 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, with an Xbox Series X and PS5 version of the game arriving, well, at some point, with a Google Stadia drop occurring in early 2021. And whilst the base game looks set to take the franchise to all-new levels, it won’t just be about the stunning visuals and in-depth gameplay opportunities. Nope, DIRT 5 is going to be about the tunes too, with Stormzy, The Chemical Brothers, Foals and The Prodigy leading the all-star line-up.
Codemasters have today given fans a feel for DIRT 5 with the reveal of the official in-game soundtrack, and it has to be said, there are some absolute gems included here. Currently featuring 40 tracks that span multiple genres and generations, racers will be able to feel the tunes with offerings from The Killers, The Prodigy and Chaka Khan, to British artists bursting onto the music scene such as YUNGBLUD, Sea Girls and Broken Witt Rebels.
It is this in-game soundtrack that will ensure DIRT 5 delivers a festival vibe, with the perfect off-road playlist in place. It should cater for all tastes too; whether scaling rough terrain in a rock bouncer or sliding a Rally GT across a frozen lake, DIRT 5 provides the perfect audio backdrop to get hearts pumping and adrenaline racing.
So, that soundtrack. A sample of it can be heard over on Spotify right now, but expect to hear all of the following when the game launches.
- American Authors – Microphone [habitat remix]
- Arkells – Years In The Making
- Barns Courtney – Fun Never Ends
- Car Seat Headrest – Hollywood
- Chaka Khan – Like Sugar
- Child of the Parish – Thread The Needles Eye
- Dinosaur Pile-Up – Back Foot
- EOB – Shangri-La – Spike Stent Edit
- Floating Points – LesAlpx
- Foals – In Degrees
- Hero The Band – Shout
- Hockey Dad – I Missed Out
- Inhaler – We Have To Move On
- Jamie N Commons- Let’s Do It Till We Get It Right
- JOHN J PRESLEY – Left
- MASON – Dance, Shake, Move
- New Found Glory – Hit or Miss
- NOISY – Oi ATM
- Oh The Larceny – Check It Out
- Pearl Jam – Who Ever Said
- Sports Team – The Races
- Starcrawler – Home Alone
- Stormzy – Pop Boy (ft. Aitch)
- Tesla – Tied To The Tracks
- The Academic – SUPERLIKE
- The Amazons – Mother
- The Bloody Beetroots + Jet – My Name Is Thunder
- The Chemical Brothers – Bango
- THE HARA- Friends
- The Heavy – A Whole Lot of Love
- The Killers – Caution
- The Mysterines – Gasoline
- The Prodigy – Timebomb Zone
- THE SHERLOCKS – Magic Man
- The Shoes – Time to Dance (Sebastian Remix)
- Twin Atlantic – Volcano
- Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown -Drive Me Mad
- Weshly Arms – Never Be The Same
- WOLFMOTHER – Chase The Feeling (feat. Chris Cester)
- YUNGBLUD – Tin Pan Boy
Further to this though, Codemasters has also partnered with Globe and Universal Music UK for an official soundtrack featuring new music that will be exclusive to DIRT 5, from artists including Sea Girls, Broken Witt Rebels, High Contrast, NOISY, KOKO, Prospa and Saronde. The full OST will be available via music streaming platforms to coincide with the release of the game.
“DIRT 5 is innovating the racing category, delivering a next-generation experience while taking inspiration from previous DIRT titles,” said Stephen Root, VP of Development Creative Services at Codemasters. “The soundtrack follows the same principles with the vibrancy of the new, and a nod to the previous generation with exciting fresh music from established global icons.”
“We are delighted to continue our partnership with Codemasters,” said Greg Turner, Senior Creative Licensing Manager at Globe, Universal Music UK. “We have worked closely with the artists involved to deliver a unique soundtrack you won’t be able to hear anywhere else.”
Will you be picking up DIRT 5 on Xbox One, PS4 or PC come October 16th 2020? Are you holding out for the Xbox Series X, PS5 or Google Stadia version? Do these tracks cut it? Let us know all of your thoughts in the comments.