It may be attempting to drag in the Scott Pilgrim fans visually, but as Indigo 7: Quest for Love arrives on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch, it’s obvious there’s much more to it than that. There are puzzles for one. And music for two. And when those are combined, we get an experience that is very much unlike any other.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch, alongside recent drops on PS4 and PS5, Indigo 7: Quest for Love comes about via the Dolores Entertainment team as players tune their guitars and chuck the drums in the nearest van, before heading off on a musical puzzle-filled adventure of a lifetime.
Priced at £12.49, Indigo 7: Quest for Love is something that has been inspired by the likes of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and quite obviously Scott Pilgrim, as you get the opportunity to follow a teen comedy tale that runs through the 1980s and into the ’90s. it tells the story of Nathan and his band who have gone on holiday, looking to woo the women and involve themselves in a battle of the bands styled fight for success.
This will play out via puzzle solving single and multiplayer game modes as you match coloured hexes in order to take control of your board before your opponent does. Flipping tiles is the name of the game here and with 32 challenges making up the Campaign Mode and then a host of other options opening themselves up – a Party Mode, Conquest and Conquest Vs for instance – there should be enough to keep you going for a while.
Throw in a story to enjoy with up to 11 playable characters to take in – all fully voiced too – and Indigo 7 gets better still.
Key features include:
- Remember the best times of your teen years through an exciting comic-style story where music and love are the best medicine for a broken heart
- Master the art of puzzle-solving in the Campaign Mode by overcoming 32 challenges with different color and time-related rules that will drive you crazy
- Enjoy the game on your own in single-player, or play against your friends in local co-op or versus modes.
- Customize the difficulty by choosing the number of colors on the board, and the available time to conquer it
- Unlock up to 11 playable characters after finishing their corresponding chapters of the story. All of them are fully voiced by a cast of professional actors, well-known from other famous series (Dorohedoro, Hazbin Hotel) and videogames (Persona 5: Royal, Genshin Impact, Disgaea, Pokemon Masters, Cloudpunk).
- Feel the thrill of battle thanks to Indigo 7’s official broadcaster’s live comments!
It’s our full review of Indigo 7: Quest for Love on Xbox Series X|S that will be able to totally confirm whether you should be playing this or not though. Give it a read right now.
Should you be sold, get over to the Xbox Store for an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S download, or the Nintendo eShop for those preferring Nintendo Switch. You’ll find the game available on PlayStation too.
Easy to learn, hard to master! Indigo 7 is a fast-paced multiplayer puzzle game for up to 4 players, with a cool single-player story mode.