We love Maneater. Whether it’s because of the humour, the evolutions, the world or just because we rarely get to play as a shark in any game, it’s something that we were wowed by back in 2020. Now though that base experience is being enhanced by the addition of the Truth Quest expansion.
Available to purchase, download and add into your Maneater base game today, Truth Quest will whisk you off to a brand new island off the coast of Port Clovis as you once again go under and over the waves with Maneater’s titular bull shark protagonist.
Maneater: Truth Quest promises much. Not only do we see Chris Parnell reprise his chief narrating role, but players themselves will discover access to a host of new evolutions, challenges, wildlife and more. Take what you remember as the very best bits of the base game, and it seems as if the development team at Tripwire Interactive have raised the bar even more.
In fact, there’s probably never been a better opportunity to explore the world, evolving into the apex predator of the sea than now, with the key features arriving via Truth Quest sitting as follows…
- Play through a new full narrative, story-based expansion as Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell; SNL, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty) is back to narrate, having now been relegated to the online video streaming platform “ViewTube.”
- New Evolutions
- New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- Battle fierce wildlife, including evolved hunt creatures as you eat your way up the food chain to regain regional dominance.
New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Nicknamed “Site P,” the Plover Island Military complex hosts land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate:Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
“The long wait is finally over! Over a year ago we launched Maneater, and the community response has been fantastic,” said Sean McBride, Creative Director at Tripwire Interactive. “The team has been hard at work and Truth Quest is finally here! With it, we have tons of new challenges, an entirely new area to explore, lots and lots of new things to eat, and evolutions to unlock. Find out what Scaly Pete was referring to when the locals talked about ‘Gub’ment Experiments’ lurking the waters of Port Clovis. Bring a tin foil hat, because you are about to swim deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and military coverups. Trip Westhaven is going to blow this whole thing wide open!”
You’ll need Maneater as a base game present and correct in order to enjoy the Truth Quest expansion. If you have that though, you’ll find the DLC present on the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S today. Expect to pay £12.49 for it, or find it in the Maneater Apex Edition. It’s also available on PlayStation and PC.
Keep an eye out for our full review of Maneater: Truth Quest in the days ahead.