While it may have been a relatively quieter week in the grand scheme of things, there’s still plenty of gaming focused discussion to be had. In TheXboxHub Official Podcast Episode 53 we shine a spotlight on indie action-platformer, Foregone, and share our opinions on what makes it stand out. There are also other recently released games on the agenda as well as news relating to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, including the latest user interfaces.
The team for this week’s episode is made up of Gareth, James and Richard, who delve straight into what they’ve been up to in general. Someone had the misfortune of watching the Bloodshot film, but the other two spoke of better viewing options like Twin Peaks The Return and Netflix’s The Haunting of Bly Manor. Then the subject matter gets a tad more serious as we come to the realisation that we’re going to need a lot of money to enjoy even a handful of the upcoming games.
In regards to news, both of the latest UIs for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 got our attention, especially the latter as it incorporates a feature that used to be popular on the Xbox One. There are fresh thoughts on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Yakuza Like a Dragon now that the previews are out in the wild. We also managed to squeeze in a couple of other bits and bobs, including the new ability to record voice chats on PS5.
And finally, the big segment about the games we’ve played in the last seven days closes out the episode. All three members of the team were able to indulge in the 2D action-platformer, Foregone – thanks to the generous folks at Big Blue Bubble – and can therefore explain what makes it an impressive addition to the genre. Discover which aspects of the game are most enjoyable, what we think of the overall aesthetic and more.
As always, full show notes are available over at https://www.thexboxhub.com/podcast
If you’ve never heard of this podcast, then let us change that for you. What you need to know is that the TheXboxHub Official Podcast is a weekly podcast in which the team behind the written word get together to chat about all things Xbox, gaming, and life in general.
You can find this latest episode of our podcast on all the usual podcasting apps and options. That means it is available by searching for TheXboxHub on…
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/5R1HikNQ6jcmiZvbFizmRt
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/id1476044398
- Google Podcasts
- Podbean – https://thexboxhub.podbean.com/
- Podcast Addict
- Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/thexboxhub-official-podcast
- … and many more.
- Main site with news and reviews – www.thexboxhub.com
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/thexboxhub
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/XboxHub
- Instagram – https://instagram.com/thexboxhub
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/TXHVideo
- Gareth Brierley on Twitter – https://twitter.com/gbbrierley
- James Birks on Twitter – https://twitter.com/oKidUKo
- Richard Dobson on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Dobo1912