Combining the might of Puyo Puyo and the worldwide draw of Tetris, when the imaginatively names Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 released on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch back in 2020, it was obvious there would be interest. It worked too, mixing up the two worlds as one. Since that time though SEGA have continually improved the product with free updates that have brought a number of enhancements. And that’s what is happening again now, it’s just this time around we’re witnessing the roll out of the third, and final, free content update.
Pushed out today to Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch, before becoming available when the Steam version of the game hits home on March 23rd, is the third and last update for the game. But yet again it does the business, hammering in new playable characters (Harpy, Legamunt, Ragnus and Rozatte), a much appreciated Spectator mode, four new songs, 20 more avatars and an all-new difficulty level – that of Super Spicy Mode.
Full details of each are as follows…
- Bolster up your roster with new playable characters — Harpy, a kind-hearted winged girl who loves to sing but is tragically off-pitch, can buff your party’s MP Recovery in Skill Battle mode; Legamünt, a member of the holy knighthood with unmatched abilities, holds the power to increase your party’s Attack while reducing the opponent’s Defense by a percentage; Ragnus, a justice-focused hero from another realm who mysteriously took on a child’s form, can remove debuffs inflicted on friends, among other skills; Rozatte, a teacher-like figure who mentors those apprenticing in magic, is able to fortify your team and remove several rows of Tetriminos from the board
- Spectator mode — Competitive League and casual Free Play matches can now be spectated by up to four viewers online who can cheer on players and even place their guesses on which competitor will come out victorious
- Background tracks — Enjoy four great new songs, like “Escape from the City (Cash Cash RMX)” from Sonic Generations, to find the right tune for your match!
- New avatars — 20 more to choose from, fitting every player’s customisation preferences
- Added difficulty level – Take on Boss Raid Mode with the highest stakes possible through a new difficulty level – Super Spicy mode – for players who are ready to take their skills over the top
In order to gain access to the latest free update, it should just be as easy as firing up Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on your format of choice, and going with the flow. Let us know how it goes.
And if you haven’t yet picked up the game, make sure you do so without delay. The Xbox version can be grabbed from the Xbox Store this very minute.