Just a couple of short months ago the teams at Realmforge Studios and Kalypso Media were found delivering an October release date for their space management sim, Spacebase Startopia. But now, like many others, it’s been hit with a delay – and we’re looking at 2021 before Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC players will get the chance to go hands-on.
Hotly anticipated in many areas, Spacebase Startopia will now be launching on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam in Spring 2021, some months after the initially hoped October release. Overshooting its destination by a good few weeks will however allow for more development time to further polish the game, ensuring that it reaches the highest quality level possible and meets the high expectations of fans and beta testers. In addition, the delay means that the game can launch in more territories and on more platforms from day one. In our eyes, that’s a good thing.
If you were unaware, Spacebase Startopia is a galactic new take on a fan-favorite idea – space base-management. And yep, as you would guess from the name of the game, it is set in… well, space!
Promising a vibrant and often absurd universe, Spacebase Startopia will offer players an exciting blend of city building and base-management, all with a nifty flash of RTS skirmishes. And in doing so, Realmforge Studios will look to breathe life back into a true classic, striking a balance between nostalgia and innovation in its reimagining of the popular strategy game as you work your way through a donut-shaped space station filled to the brim with a colourful cast of aliens managed by their tireless commander – YOU!
Features will include:
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single player missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors
So let us know if you were looking forward to Spacebase Startopia and whether or not this delay has scuppered your plans for galactic domination. The comments are below.