2019 is the year of Tropico 6 and after launching on PC in March, it was followed by a console launch in Game Preview form back in June. Now though, with a few months of testing under the belt, we see El Presidente break out of the Preview shackles to ensure that Tropico 6 launches in full on Xbox One and PS4.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and PS4, Tropico 6 comes with a price point of £49.99 attached, as we once again get to fall into the shoes of the manic El Presidente before overseeing life as a feared dictator, or a peace-loving statesman who will do anything for his people. The choice – as they say – is yours!
Tropico 6 promises to be the greatest of all Tropico titles, delivering all manner of new ideas and features, building on all the games that have gone before it to provide a hugely immersive, totally open environment. This means that huge areas and multiple islands can be built on, as you dictate exactly how you wish to see your Tropicans live out their lives. A wide variety of transportation options, bridges and tunnels, vehicle types and more are all present too, so as you go about customising your landscape will discover the tools at hand.
An extensive research system is also in place, letting you run the routes you so wish as you see your Tropico 6 world build and grow with every action you, or your mates, make. The question is, how will you oversee the world across both the Missions and Sandbox modes that are included?
Features of Tropico 6 on Xbox One and PS4 include:
- • Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- • Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal famous landmarks and add them to your collection.
- • Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- • Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- • Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- • Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- • Tropico 6 features cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to 4 players.
Our full review of Tropico 6 on Xbox One will be coming your way before you know it, but in the meantime if you wish to know how this game has fared in the Game Preview form, our initial thoughts and opinions are up and ready for a look.
Should you like what you are hearing and wish to grab a copy of Tropico 6 on Xbox One, the Xbox Store will sort you out with the usual download.
El Presidente is back! In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling for visionary leaders, who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind. For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.