It was back in March 2022 when we first told you of Turbo Golf Racing, as it promised to combine some Rocket League action with Crazy Golf. It was certainly an intriguing prospect – one that we can now get involved in via the introduction of Beta 2 on Steam, the Microsoft Store and on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Further to that, it’s been confirmed that the game will launch in August 2022, via Early Access, Game Preview and Game Pass.
Developer Hugecalf Studios and publisher Secret Mode announced the release date for Turbo Golf Racing during the Future Games Show – Summer Showcase, along with news that the cross-platform ‘Beta 2’ experience is now live on Steam, the Microsoft Store and Xbox platforms. You’ll find that the new Beta will continue through Steam Next Fest up until 10.00 PDT / 18.00 BST / 19.00 CEST on 20th June.
To take part in the Beta, either head to the Steam page and select the Turbo Golf Racing Demo for download, or register for the preview via the Xbox Insider app on your Xbox console or the Microsoft Store.
Get involved and Beta players can secure up to three exclusive items which will be present in the final game. These items and their unlock conditions are:
- Beta Avatar – Unlock by reaching level 2 in the Beta 2 season
- Beta Wheels – Unlock by reaching level 7 in the Beta 2 season
- Beta Spoiler – Unlock by reaching level 11 in the Beta 2 season
The Turbo Golf Racing Beta 2 is now live, with it containing…
- 12 playable courses, including new levels such as Twisted Gardens, Uphill Battle, Hyper Flight Corner and Mountain Hideout
- Online, cross-platform matchmaking supporting up to eight players per match
- Single-player time trials
- Dedicated 15-level Beta progression season
- Community designed cosmetic items
- Increased party size from first Beta
- Multiple improvements over the first Beta including improved respawn mechanics, missile behaviour changes, car handling tweaks, Shot Of The Match balancing adjustments and improved visuals
As you’d expect with a game that is hitting Early Access and Game Preview, Hugecalf Studios is planning to release regular free updates throughout the Turbo Golf Racing early access programs, throwing in some new cosmetic items, new Power Cores and even additional courses. They will also ensure that Turbo Golf Racing will receive regular balancing and performance adjustments as well as overall improvements based upon player feedback.
Turbo Golf Racing is a fast-paced arcade-style sports racing game for up to eight players, all competing to see whose speed-putting skills are up to par. Racers flip, glide, and dash their turbo-charged cars down winding fairways as they strike their oversized golf balls toward the finishing cup.
The key features of Turbo Golf Racing include:
- RACE YOUR RIVALS TO THE FINISH – Welcome to the future of motorsports. Feel the excitement of fast-paced arcade-style racing as you tee off with your friends in an exhilarating new way. Jump, flip, glide, boost, and dash with turbo-charged cars and be the first to get your ball in the hole.
- EIGHT PLAYERS ONLINE – Race against seven other competitors in a Grand Prix-style competition. Hit the boost pads to charge past your rivals, take secret tunnels to outwit them, and fire missiles to stop them in their tracks.
- POWER CORES – Get the edge over your rivals by unlocking and equipping Power Cores. Hit your ball further, fly faster, and use unique abilities such as Ground Stomp and Gravitate Ball and Roll. With a wide variety of Power Cores, fine-tune your setup to outwit your friends.
- TURBO-CHARGE YOUR CUSTOMISATION – Choose the car and ball that makes you stand out from the crowd. Enjoy endless paint options, and change your wheels, spoiler, shield, car body and boosters.
- TAKE TO THE SKIES – The sky’s the limit when your cars have wings. Launch your turbo-powered car into the air and fly past the competition. Zip through tunnels, glide over fans and chase your ball over obstacles.
- TACKLE THE TERRAIN – Use the terrain to your advantage. Launch over the boost pads, and down the fairway. Avoid the rough and the sand traps. Bend your shots around trees and through canyons. Race to the green.
- EVER-GROWING CONTENT – Unlock items as you level-up and enjoy an ever-growing game with regular free updates that will bring new courses, new Power Cores and new cosmetics.
Turbo Golf Racing will launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC on August 4th 2022, in Steam Early Access, through Xbox Game Preview and with the power of Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass behind it. We’ll be sure to remind you when that time comes. For now though, the Beta 2 is probably worth checking out – it’ll be running until June 20th.