Assassin’s Creed just continues to go from strength to strength and with the launch of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey just around the corner, Ubisoft have delivered a rather nifty little roadmap that sees the largest ever live content plan be unveiled.
If you’re planning on going deep with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – and let’s face it, many of us are – then you should be hugely excited for what Ubisoft have planned. See, not only will the Season Pass come delivering gifts of two major episodic pieces of narrative, but it’ll also throw in a fully remastered edition of Assassin’s Creed III in for good measure.
From there, all Assassin’s Creed Odyssey players will also receive access to free content, including the story-focused and episodic Lost Tales of Greece, as well as some daily and weekly in-game events.
This sees Ubisoft pushing their ambition to the max with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, with full details as follows:
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass includes:
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin, born amidst the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody uprising draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it.
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include all of the the DLC: The Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
Assassin’s Creed® Liberation Remastered, whilst also being hit with the 4K and HDR brush for Xbox One X, PC and PS4 Pro gamers to enjoy. Expect to also see higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, and several other graphical enhancements, alongside gameplay mechanics and ergonomics which have also been improved.
Those who don’t wish to go down the Odyssey Season Pass route will find that Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be sold as a stand-alone title too, but if you do, you’ll find it is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan and Pantheon Editions, and is also available for purchase separately.
In addition to the Season Pass goodies Ubisoft have also got plans for an extensive lineup of free content, including new narrative content and in-game events after launch, including:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
If you have big plans for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey the your wait is nearly over. It’ll be releasing worldwide on October 5th, 2018. Those Gold, Collectors and Ultimate Editions owners will have access to the game three days early, starting October 2nd, 2018.
Will that be you?