What would you do if you found your favourite headphones had been stolen? Well, you’d go and get em back wouldn’t you? That’s exactly what you’ll be trying to do with Cymatically Muffed on Xbox.
Totally un-catchy name aside, Cymatically Muffed looks like it could well deliver some decent fun. Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, this comes from the Kelsam team to provide gamers with the chance of partaking in some fast-paced top down shooting action.
It comes with a price of £8.39, and that relatively low price makes this feel like one worth taking a shot with. It focuses efforts on a life without headphones, stolen by some crazy scientist who is looking to use them for no good. It’ll be up to you to get them back, making him – and anyone around him – pay.
There’s a full campaign which is playable for 1-4 players, as you explore the world around you and take in an exciting adventure. The fact you can bring your mates along for the ride – albeit only locally – makes things all the more interesting.
But that’s not all and Cymatically Muffed also works in a PvP Battle Mode for anything up to 8 folk. There’s the usual free-for-all madness available, but also the opportunity to team up with mates, working an array of maps and modes to bring about the fun.
- Fight your friends until someone goes home crying with 9 Battle Modes, 15 maps, and customizations (yes, slappers only) for up to 16 players
- Learn to hate Dr. Wolfe in the story comics—no reading required. Then hunt him down, on your own or with a group, in the Co-Op campaign
- Awesome super-power-giving Muffs headphones to aid you in your struggles(batteries not included)
- Play your way with quick-swap weapon combos: run and gun, sneak around and throw stuff, or just mow people down, no judgement here
- The game modes are multiplayer, most controllers are supported, and it’s all Drop In/Drop Out, so nobody has to watch, your friends can play too
- Holiday Theming—because, let’s be honest, it’s just not a holiday party unless it ends in a fight
- Finished the campaign? Test your mettle in the endless survival levels, definitely co-opable
There’s a lot going on with Cymatically Muffed on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, yet our full upcoming review will let you in on the finer details. For now, hop over to the Xbox Store, nail a download and go and grab those headphones.
Let us know what your favourite headphones are too – is it the EPOS H3, the Audeze Penrose, the Razer Nari or maybe even a pair of Turtle Beaches that you prefer to have sitting on your head? The comments are below.
Don’t you hate it when you wake up and some scientist has experimented on you and stolen your headphones? Muffed is a fast-paced top-down shooter where you and your friends can find that guy and make him pay. Or fight everyone you know in the best 2-8 player PvP games around, your call. ▼ PvP Battle Mode for 2-8 Players ▼ It’s a muffs eat muffs world for competitive players. Battle it out against your friends in free-for-all style or team up using one of our many customizations. The extensive array of maps and modes provides replayability that will make this your go-to game for groups of any size. ▼ Co-Op Campaign for 1-4 Players ▼ Earn your muffs, leave your mark, find your place. Explore on your own or team up with your friends in this exciting adventure campaign. Make your way through a wide variety of hand crafted levels as you discover the secrets Cymatically Muffed has to offer. Have friends that are late to the party? There’s no need to restart, they can join a game in-progress. ▼ What are Muffs? ▼ Muffs are Dr. Wolfe’s latest development in cyber enhancement. Unleashing the power of cymatics, these massive headphones will make you stronger, faster, and smarter (maybe). They also monitor your health, inventory, and a slew of other nifty information.