Wales Interactive fast made a name for themselves as the go-to creator of multiple interactive movie style games. With the likes of Five Dates, Maid of Sker, The Complex and more under their belt, if you’re looking to kick back for an evening with an interactive movie in tow, it’s a Wales Interactive game you should be firing up. Now though they are gearing up to release a brand new, pretty dark, highly emotive psychological thriller – I Saw Black Clouds.
Due for release on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in Q1 2021, with full Xbox Series X|S and PS5 versions to follow, I Saw Black Clouds has seen Wales Interactive team up with those at the UK production company Ghost Dog Films.
It kicks in after the unexpected death of a close friend, as Kristina returns to her hometown looking for answers, only to unearth a string of dark secrets. As you would expect with any game of this ilk, the truth turns out to be far more harrowing than she could have imagined.
Teased today with a trailer that can be seen below these words, I Saw Black Clouds will have you connect with the characters involved, as the moral choices you make along the way affect what you discover, the journey you take, and the resolution you find at the end. Your decisions will not only change each individual scenes, but could present you with an entirely different storyline that can be discovered on multiple playthroughs.
Yep, in I Saw Black Clouds, every decision you make, every interaction, your character’s decisions, personality and relationships are all being tracked. But this will mean you are well rewarded, mostly with a breakdown to evaluate how you are playing the game. Throughout you’ll be able to discover five dimensions of your own personality; honesty, strength, morality, tact and introspection — whilst controlling how the character faces their challenges; denial, acceptance, or guilt. How will you play?
Features of I Saw Black Clouds include:
- A completely live-action, cinematic interactive psychological thriller, filmed in the UK.
- A branching narrative that drastically changes the story depending on the path you take.
- Real-time Relationship Status Tracking that influences the story as you play.
- Real-time Personality Trait Tracking that evolves based on your choices.
- Starring Nicole O’Neill (Red Sparrow, Penny Dreadful, Beauty and the Beast)
- Unlockable features include a Skip Scene and Personality Assessment feature
- A Streamer Mode that pauses the choices for audience participation during live streams.
With Wales Interactive’s previous history, and a super intriguing premise in place, we can’t wait to see I Saw Black Clouds release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC. Let us know what you think once you’ve taken in that teaser trailer below.