Codemasters are the king of racers and whilst ONRUSH is more about racing with style and flair, it’s still a racer at heart, and that is why it is hotly anticipated in many areas. With the June release date fast approaching, Codies and Koch Media have confirmed open betas for both Xbox One and PS4 players to enjoy.
ONRUSH isn’t about racing to the finish line, but instead pulling off incredible takedowns and doing it all with style. And thankfully it won’t be long before we get the chance to head on down to the track as the Xbox One and PS4 open beta will kick off at 2pm BST on Thursday 17th May, running until 10am BST on Monday 21st May.
Should you wish to get in early though, then a simple pre-order of the game on PS4 will see you gaining early access to the beta from Tuesday 15th May.
But what will be included? Well, the open beta will teach us all the basics of ONRUSH – all thanks to an interactive tutorial – before throwing us straight into the action in either ‘Superstar Practice’, allowing us to hone our skills against AI competitors, or multiplayer.
You will be able to play through Superstar Practice either alone or with a group of friends in co-operative mode, taking advantage of the Photomode and sharing your best images around the world in a flash.
You will also be able to dominate The Stampede in multiplayer mode, as you begin to lock horns with rivals from around the world in exclusive 6v6 multiplayer events. The open beta will bring two beautiful yet deadly tracks, two game modes and 4 vehicle classes, with elements including night races and seasonal changes cycling throughout.
But that’s not all and as you begin to level up through the beta, in both Superstar Practice and multiplayer, unlockable stylish rewards arrive for the full game in the form of Crashtags and Tombstones – you’ll be able to display these when being wreaked or taking down rivals while in the heat of the action.
Full beta details are as follows:
- TRACKS – Big Dune Beach; Crater Lake – (Both will feature a variety of weather conditions and different times of day)
- MODES – Overdrive; Countdown
- VEHICLE CLASS BLADE – Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind; Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents; Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
- VEHICLE CLASS VORTEX – Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind; Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective; Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
- VEHICLE CLASS INTERCEPTOR – Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown; Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly; Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
- VEHICLE CLASS TITAN – Blockade: RUSHing drops a trail of blockades that slow your opponents down; Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits; Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents
ONRUSH will launch on Xbox One and PS4 on 5th June 2018. Will you be getting an early taste of the action via the beta? Let us know in the comments below.
In addition to the open public beta running from 17 – 21 May, anyone who pre-orders the game – from participating retailers such as GAME, Amazon, Tesco and Smyths Toys – will get early access to the ONRUSH beta from 15 May.