The latest Xbox One system update (that of July), has been with preview members for a while but will be coming to the masses this week. Wanna know what’s in it?
As promised at E3, Xbox are including a snap mode for those all important achievements. The cheevos have taken a bit of a back seat since the Xbox One launched and so we hope this brings them back to the fore. Another feature we like the look of is that of being able to ‘like’ game DVR clips directly from our smartphones.
Full list as follows:
- Snap Mode for Achievements. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. You can view a video about this feature here.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on you controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria can now enable voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re are adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
Preview members will be getting the update pretty soon, whilst all others will have to wait until July.
Get excited. Get very excited as it looks like it could be another success filled Xbox One update! Good work MS, good work!