A Rat’s Quest – The Way Back Home is a Romeo and Juliet-esque story about a rat and a mouse – and it’ll be coming to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2021.
Telling the tale of Mat, the hero of the game, you’ll have to help him try to find a way to his beloved Nat, a fearless mouse being kept as a pet. See, together, they’re planning their escape to the freedom of the outside world. Obviously though this journey is full of dangers, with one of them being THE CLAW.
If you have ever wanted to experience a giant’s world from the perspective of a tiny hero, then A Rat’s Quest is going to be the game for you, as you head off into a towering dungeon with the promise of adventure, to play hide and squeak with fearsome creatures and slash them with your shiny rivet or fend them off with your sturdy button.
“Teaming up with HandyGames for A Rat’s Quest has been a dream come true. Since we met, we felt we’d make a great team, and we were right! This game is our debut title, and we know at heart that we’ve found the perfect publisher for it, one that will empower the game to reach its full potential and audience. They truly believe in us – and we in them. That’s why we’re immensely happy to welcome them as part of our family and share this journey!” – Jessie Cano. Studio Manager @ The Dreamerians
Features of A Rat’s Quest include:
- Moving Story: Experience a story about love, friendship and keeping promises in three acts.
- Rat Mode: Climb, jump, crawl, slither and sneak like a rodent.
- Hybrid Gameplay: Experience the narrowness in walls and under the floor by a switching perspective between 3D platforming, side-scrolling and top-down.
- Full Immersion: Compasses are for humans. Make your own path! No mini-map, no waypoints… just your rodent survival instincts.
- Tough as Nails: No armour, no ordinance drops. Use the world and your wits to overcome overwhelming danger.
- A Rat’s Evolution: Gather gadgets and “add-ons” to survive the way back home…
- Quests and Choices: Try different approaches when solving riddles and quests.
A Rat’s Quest is coming to reality thanks to the Mexican studio The Dreamerians, with the publishing side of things handled by HandyGames. Will you be tempted into this ratty tale? Let us know down below.