It’s the open world survival experience that has been sat in Early Access for a good few months, but today Conan Exiles has seen itself gather up a full release date, alongside the announcement that a rather delightful Collector’s Edition will be available.
First things first and Conan Exiles will be ditching its Early Access skin come May 8th 2018, launching as both a digital and physical product. Funcom have confirmed that Koch Media will be in charge of sorting the physical copies.
If you wish to jump in come May, then you may well be interested to hear what exactly the Collector’s Edition brings. Well, the following will be included…
- FIGURINE: 15 cm / 6 inch Conan the Barbarian polyresin figurine, modeled after Conan from the Conan Exiles cinematic trailer
- CUSTOM COMIC BOOK: Full-color print comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics specifically for this game. The comic book tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
- SOUNDTRACKS: Three soundtracks featuring the music from Conan Exiles as well as the music from Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer.
- ARTBOOK: Go behind the scenes and discover some of the incredible production artworks developers used to guide their vision for the game in this full-color, print artbook.
- WORLD MAP: Full-color printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
- DIGITAL COMIC BOOKS: Code to unlock six full-color digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics, featuring the entire “A Witch Shall Be Born” story arc.
- DIGITAL RPG BOOK: Code to unlock the 368 full-color digital rule book created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game. Everything you need to play!
Furthermore, if you get down and pre-order the Day One Edition, you’ll also receive a printed map of the Exiled Lands, along with the iconic Conan’s Atlantean Sword in-game item which is only available through pre-ordering the physical retail version.
To celebrate the announcement, Funcom have also released a brand new trailer which also offers a glimpse at some of the new content that will make its way to the final version, including an entirely new biome and a new combat system.
“Early Access and Game Preview has been an absolutely invaluable tool for us in developing Conan Exiles,” says Creative Director Joel Bylos. “Being able to get direct feedback from players has allowed us to focus our work on improvements, bug fixes, and new content. We still have a few months to go and are by no means done squashing bugs and making improvements. We’re working hard on new content and gameplay mechanics – including the new jungle and volcano biomes!”
Check out the trailer below and set a reminder for May 8th if you want some single or multiplayer Conan action.