Need a reason to jump back into Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege? How does some new free content sound?
Available from the 11th May 2016, Ubisoft have today confirmed that Rainbow Six Siege will be treated to the free Operation Dust update. Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC, it’ll provide two new Operators, a new map, improvements to the gameplay and a whole load more.
In Operation Dust Line, two US Navy SEAL operators have been called to assist Team Rainbow to secure the Border, the new free map introducing a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date:
- Valkyrie: Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky
- Blackbeard: Carries the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
With a commitment to enhancing the gameplay experience as much as possible, there will also be the balancing of operators, an enhancement to player comfort and an improved net code.
- Loadout Customisation between rounds: Players can now customise their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select a weapon, attachments and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
- Operator reworks: I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection, and Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapon and secondary gadget tweaks have also been made.
- Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only allow players to be more reactive, but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics.
- Winning Team Showcase: After the final round, the winning team’s Operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
If you are a Season Pass holder then you’ll instantly receive the new Navy SEAL Operators. Non-Season Pass owners will be able to unlock them using either earned Renown currency or R6 Credits starting on May 18th.
Don’t miss the update! It is after all completely free!
If you haven’t yet picked up Rainbow Six: Siege, then you can read our full review right here. It’s well worth checking out.