It only took Failbetter Games four hours to raise the Kickstarting funds for Sunless Skies, before seeing the game launch on PC Early Access back in August 2017. From there the critically acclaimed gothic horror RPG has gone great guns, with the team at Failbetter and their indie publishers, Digerati, now confirming that it’ll be launching on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Due to arrive in the first half of 2020 in fact, Sunless Skies on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch will be joined by the current PS4 title Sunless Sea: Zubmariner, with Nephilim Game Studios handling the porting options
Failbetter Games’ third title, following 2015’s Sunless Sea and the cult browser game Fallen London, Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is all about sailing through the stars, betraying your queen and then murdering a sun, with the gothic horror RPG focusing on exploration and exquisite storytelling. Prepare to ready your star-faring engine, and venture into an expanse of hostile factions, lurking deities, forbidden knowledge, vast fortune, and fates worse than death.
- A narrative RPG set in the Fallen London universe.
- Explore four regions: celestial wilderness, impossible industrial empire, pagan midnight expanse, and the mysterious Blue Kingdom.
- Choose your crew and your fate. Reveal your captain’s history and skills. Change and be changed by the world.
- Danger lurks in the heavens. Fight or flee from sky-beasts and enemy ships, and balance fuel, supplies and hunger to carve out a life in the skies.
- 800,000+ words of intertwining stories with a depth and richness unlike anything else in games
With a PC Metacritic score sitting at 86, the confirmation of Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition on console is certainly one to look forward to. We’ll be sure to drop further details your way as and when they arrive. Let us know in the comments what you think about this latest PC to console title.