You may have heard of Earthfall – if only because it’s been available on PC in Early Access form. Now though comes confirmation that it’ll soon be time to fend off an alien assault with a full launch, with the game also hitting Xbox One and PS4 at the same time.
You’ll want to grab your bug-out bags and get ready to fight back against the aliens as Earthfall will be hitting Xbox One, PS4 and PC this Spring as the squad based co-op shooter goes global.
After receiving a great Early Access reception, it’s great to see Earthfall confirmed for console as well as PC. Created by Seattle devs, Holospark, the co-op shooter will cater for up to four players at a time, letting them utilise team-based tactics to fortify holdouts and complete objectives. Working together is the only way you will survive.
See, the aliens have invaded, and it’s up to you and your mates to fight back with a modern arsenal of weaponry, combined with the ability to fortify locations and create choke-points with man-portable barricades and heavy turrets. Expect to see Earthfall featuring a complete story-mode too, allowing you to uncover the reason for the invasion, and more.
“When we launched Earthfall on Early Access, we received a great response from players,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Holospark. “Now it’s time to bring Earthfall to completion, along with making it available to Xbox One and PS4 players. We think players on all three platforms are going to be stunned by the game’s amazing 4K visuals, and will find themselves unable to tear themselves away from the cooperative sci-fi-themed gameplay.”
Features of Earthfall include:
- Co-operative Survival For up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players
- Build Your Defenses – Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere to create perfect alien killing zones
- Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest
- Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive drone armies attacking in waves to towering behemoths spitting plasma, every experience is different, each time you play
- Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner
- An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion
Once that cemented release date is known, we’ll be sure to let you know. Sounds interesting though eh? Check out the trailer below and then let us know your thoughts in the comments below.