It’s been the best part of three years since Conan Exiles broke out of Early Access to launch in full on Xbox, but now we find Conan making the most of the power of Xbox Game Pass, whilst the Exile world expands through the Isle of Spitah.
The first major expansion for Conan Exiles is now with us and as we see the base game make the most of the brilliance of Xbox Game Pass, Conan Exiles players get the opportunity to sharpen their swords and ready their shields once more as the fight for survival on the Isle of Siptah officially begins.
Isle of Siptah first opened its lands to the PC community back in September 2020, but now it’s time for console players on Xbox and PlayStation to enjoy the landmass. Improved massively since that time, the move of Isle of Siptah to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 (with next-gen Series X|S optimisation in place) will give players the opportunity to explore new points of interest, work with three new factions, understand the draw of a new religion and even be able to summon an avatar of the spider-god, Zath.
“We are fortunate to have a huge and vocal community of Conan Exiles players, which has enabled us to focus development on the areas our players deem the most important,” says Conan Exiles Project Director Scott Junior. “The result is a massive and vibrant island, with loads to explore, and more freedom to pursue the objectives you enjoy the most. This kind of optimization is precisely what early access should be all about. I’m incredibly proud of what our dev team has been able to achieve during the past 8 months and looking forward to seeing players explore Siptah across all three platforms.”
This is the first big expansion for Conan Exiles on console (although it has been bolstered by plenty of cosmetic options) and you’ll also find it featuring more than a dozen new dungeons, a dark tower that is surrounded by a magical storm and more. Throw in new building sets, mounts, weapons and armor, and it seems like this expansion is a rich one.
Key features of the Isle of Siptah expansion include:
- New map – Isle of Siptah – Start a fresh, new experience on the massive Isle of Siptah. Explore sun-drenched beaches strewn with shipwrecks, dense and tall Redwood forests, broad valleys dotted with ancient Acheronian ruins, a resettled Stygian colony, ominous camps overrun with pirates and the foreboding Tower of Siptah at the island’s center.
- New dungeon type – Vaults – Uncover long-forgotten vaults holding the remnants of elder races from a distant past. Discover hidden halls, solve ancient puzzles, and slay the fiends and demons within. Loot valuable treasures and harness the power of the elder races.
- New feature – Maelstrom – A massive storm swirls around the dark tower at the center of the island. Powered by sinister magic, it spawns horrifying monsters from the outer void, attacking anyone who dares to venture within. Defeat these horrors to get your hands on a brand-new resource and unique rewards.
- New feature – Surges of sorcery – Powerful surges of forbidden magic, granted by the elder god of Nyarlathotep, shoot forth from the Tower of Siptah. Humans and creatures appear in their wake, mysteriously teleported from the outside world. Move quick to capture them or be left in the dust as other players build their army.
- New rhino mount, building sets, and more – Charge into battle and slay your enemies from atop the ferocious rhino mount. Construct a small home or a vast city using two new building sets: the waterlogged remains of shipwrecks or the ancient and majestic stormglass. Find and equip powerful items, including new armor sets, tools and weapons.
If you wish to grab it on console, the digital store of your choosing should be able to sort you out. For Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S players, that means paying a visit to the Xbox Store and splashing the cash on the £17.99 download. There is also the Conan Exiles Isle of Siptah Edition for £54.99. You will also find it on PS4 and PS5. The question is though, how will you survive, build and then dominate?
Isle of Siptah is a massive expansion to the open world survival game Conan Exiles, featuring a vast new island to explore, huge and vile new creatures to slay, new building sets and a host of new features. Fight the elder races in new underground dungeons. Defeat demonic monstrosities that spawn from a storm of pure chaos. Dominate the surge to capture powerful thralls summoned from the mainland. You arrive at the island shipwrecked and alone. With nothing but the scraps on your back, you craft the tools you need to survive. At first a simple camp and some crude stone tools, with time a fortress and brutal greatswords made from hardened steel or obsidian. Your eyes are drawn towards the center of the island, where a dark tower looms above the landscape. The violent storm that swirls around it seems to gather strength and unspeakable horrors stalk within. But your most dangerous foe may be the other survivors on the island, as resources are scarce and the fight for survival is savage and brutal.