It promises to take the spirit of the classic futuristic racers and thrust the whole genre into 2019, allowing us to go fast and blow stuff up in the process. Yep, the lid is being lifted on Pacer for Xbox One, PS4 and PC – the new name for Formula Fusion.
Previously known as Formula Fusion, Pacer is coming about via the creative minds at R8 Games, as they take the early access vision for their futuristic anti-grav combat racer and unveil a fresh new brand, features, game modes and more.
Present at EGX Rezzed in London between the 4th-6th April, shown off in the Unreal Showcase, Pacer will look to bring sheer speed and enjoyment to gamers hankering after a new anti-gravity racer.
Coming complete with 4K enabled 60fps gameplay, Pacer is ambitious in its efforts to take the genre out of the past and blast it into the modern era, mixing high octane speed with tons of customisation opportunities. This will mean you get the chance to tweak your vehicles until the perfect winning and killing machine has been found, complementing your skills in the process.
“This change in gear really does mark the next stage in Pacer’s progress,” offers Steve Iles, Senior Producer. “The game has changed significantly with a ground up re-coding of the core gameplay systems and inclusion of a wealth of new content. We’ve got some big plans for 2019 and we felt that we needed to reflect that with a name that more accurately captured the spirit of the game.”
Iles added, “For gamers who have been on board ever since we first announced the original game in 2015, this evolution is representative of our ambition to deliver more of what they love. Pacer is the realisation of our original vision, but bigger and bolder.”
When Pacer hits Xbox One, PS4 and PC later in 2019, you will be given access to 14 different tracks and five customisable craft to play around with. And whilst the single player and multiplayer action on the track will be the main focus of proceedings, a stellar soundtrack will also be in place, with original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more ready to be taken in.
Pacer features include: –
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play – the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons and cosmetics
- Replay Mode: For capturing and sharing amazing action clips and stills
- Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world
- Online Tournament/Spectator Mode: For easy streaming and encouraging fun events at all levels
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes
- Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music
- OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- In-game VOIP, making in-game chat both easy and fun
- Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating
If you’re at EGX Rezzed then you really should hunt down Pacer and give it a bit of your time. If not, then well, the trailer below should suffice… for now!
Defy gravity, defy the competition and defy the odds. Pacer is coming!