First it was December 2021, then March 8th 2022. Now SpellForce III Reinforced will release on June 7th 2022. Hopefully. Maybe. We’ll let you know.
SpellForce III Reforced will now be coming to console (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5) on March 8th 2022.
Remember when December was a wasteland for new game releases? Not any more and the latest to rock up with a December 2021 release is that of SpellForce III Reforced.
An RPG/RTS hybrid that will be debuting on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 come December 7th 2021, SpellForce III Reforced puts players in the boots of a hero and of a general at the same time. You’ll be tasked with gathering your companions, solving quests, gaining experience and loot, leveling up and ultimately evolving your skills – all while you are taking command of an army, choosing the best tactics, building a magnificent base and getting your economy up and running to provide steady reinforcements. Yeah, there’s a lot going on here.
SpellForce III Reforced will come to Xbox and PlayStation with an intuitive gamepad integration and tailor-made UI in tow, allowing for smooth control of an RTS/RPG hybrid with complex mechanics. It’ll cost an SRP of $39.99/€39.99/£34.99 yet on the same day owners of the game on PC through Steam will find the SpellForce III Reforced Edition dropping as a free update.
But it won’t just be the base game and additionally to SpellForce III Reforced will be a couple of expansions. “Soul Harvest” and “Fallen God” will each be sold separately at an SRP of $19.99/€19.99. Each of these feature their own singleplayer campaign with 30+ hours of gameplay each, as well as new units and more. The whole package is also available at an SRP of $59.99/€59.99.
SpellForce III Reforced is a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting console experience to fans and newcomers alike. It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
If you’re unaware of SpellForce III and are in need of a features list…
- Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
- Streamlined for consoles: Intuitive gamepad integration and tailor-made UI to smoothly control a strategy/RPG mix with complex mechanics
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Single-player campaign: Featuring the dark, enthralling story of the long-misunderstood Trolls and their battle for survival, with a playtime of around 20 hours
- Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world – Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make new friends – assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
So, will you be heading in to SpellForce III Reforced this December on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 or even PC? Let us know!