If anyone knows a thing or two about fishing games, it’s Dovetail Games. And so it comes as no surprise to hear of a brand new fishing title – The Catch: Carp & Coarse as it prepares to launch on Xbox One, PS4 and PC later in the summer.
Having already provided the likes of Euro Fishing and Fishing Sim World, Dovetail Games are right at the forefront of the virtual angling scene. Chances are therefore pretty high on The Catch: Carp & Coarse being another fishing stunner.
Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer, The Catch: Carp & Coarse is a species hunting fishing game that deals with the passion and pursuit of what lurks beneath the waters.
Giving you the opportunity to take on the hunt of a lifetime, in The Catch you will be able to target and pursue monster sized fish around the world. With 35 species to hunt there is sure to be variety too, ensuring you get to work your strategy, skill and tactics to catch every boss fish in each venue. Patience is certainly part of being an angler, and the huge number of other great fishing games already available allow you to get your virtual fix when you can’t make it to the water. But The Catch will also deal in adrenaline, as you attempt to succeed as you choose your angling spot carefully based on time of day, weather conditions and perfect equipment setup, before casting out into the water to battle and catch these elusive creatures.
‘There is no better feeling in fishing than catching the legendary beast of the lake and that is what we’ve replicated in this game. We have taken carp and coarse fishing to the next level – so it’s all about the catch!’ said Darren Potter, Executive Producer for the game.
Key features of The Catch: Carp & Coarse include:
- GO SPECIES HUNTING – 35 different species of realistically captured fish with their own unique behaviour and bait preferences await you. Every tactic and piece of equipment will be needed to catch them all as you go from float fishing for species such as rudd, ide and bream to using lures for trout, salmon and pike. You can also fish for rare species such as pacu, mekong and redtail catfish.
- LAND THE BOSS FISH – There are 125 legendary Boss Fish for you to catch including 11 Monster Boss Fish – the hardest fish to catch in the game. These named fish put up a huge fight and only the best will be able to locate and land them all.
- WORLD DESTINATIONS – Featuring 5 unique destinations that all present their own challenges. Oxlease Lake on the Linear Fisheries complex is a specimen carp water with some great back up species including tench and roach. The River Ebro is home to huge wels catfish and Pearl Lake in Malaysia features exotic monsters such as arapaima and giant wolf fish. Go urban street fishing in Rotterdam city centre or explore the openness of Loch Mickle in Scotland that both contain predators such as pike and zander.
- ADVANCED WATER FLOW – Advanced water flow will affect your fishing whether that’s from the bank or in a boat. Keep an eye on your float drifting downstream or your boat moving off the prime spot that you have identified.
- ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE IDEAS – 100’s of items of equipment from over 20 licensed partners including RidgeMonkey and Mainline Baits. Create different set ups to cover all situations and use some of your favourite real-world equipment from the biggest manufactures in the industry.
- BATTLE IT OUT – Multiplayer and tournaments will feed your competitive streak as you take part in a series of events that form the Dovetail Fishing League. There are some fantastic real-world prizes up for grabs if you come out on top!
- EXCLUSIVE REWARDS – A unique set of challenges will test you even further – complete them and unlock exclusive rewards only available through the in-game mastery system.
Interested in a new fishing experience on Xbox One, PS4 or PC? We’ll be sure to keep you fully updated with the progress of The Catch: Carp & Coarse as summer 2020 approaches. The trailer will do for now though.