Slowly but surely the next-gen exclusives are rolling out. Today it’s the immersive World War II shooting action of Hell Let Loose that is making the most of the new power allowed through Xbox Series X|S and PS5. After being seen to pick up some superb reaction on PC through Steam, the move to console is one you won’t want to miss.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 (as well as Steam where the sharpshooters have been hanging out for a while), Hell Let Loose from Team17 and Black Matter certainly looks to be one that you should not be ignoring.
It’s priced at £34.99 from the Xbox Store and by dropping in here you’ll get the chance to bear witness to an epic theatre of war. Throwing you into a World War Two shooter, Hell Let Loose plays out as a 100 player battle to the death, with pretty much every form of artillery and domination tactics at hand that you can think of.
You’ll have full control of your infantry, a ton of tanks, artillery units and more as you attempt to get one over on the opposition, working in resources and real-time strategy as you go. This should well play out as a striking war torn experience, one in which the maps provided allow for ample opportunity for skills, tactics and strategic calls to come to the fore.
There are however only two game modes you need worry about – Offensive and Warfare – but when you include multiple unit roles, true-to-life ballistics and a huge amount of player progression to go at, Hell Let Loose should be as deep as you will let it.
In fact, the key feature set is well worth taking a look at, but we reckon that’s just about scratching the surface of what is on offer…
- • Fight in epic 50 vs 50 multiplayer battles.
- • Two distinct game modes – Offensive and Warfare
- • 9 maps with more added frequently – land at Omaha Beach, fight through Carentan and into the frozen forests of Foy before climbing Hill 400.
- • Never fight the same battle twice – 99 capture point variations per map, means thousands of potential battles.
- • Play and master one or many of 14 unique roles, including: Officer, Medic, Machine-gunner Commander, Crewman, Sniper and more.
- • Constantly updated with new maps, weapons, features and fixes.
- • True to life ballistics and recoil patterns create satisfying, skilful gunplay.
- • In-game proximity voip, command voip and unit voip.
- • Persistent player progression – show off your experience by unlocking new uniforms, loadouts and other customisation options as you level up each individual role, as well as your player.
- • Take control of a huge array of WW2 vehicles – including the Tiger, Sherman, Stuart, Puma and more – with additional vehicles still to come
- • Bombard and wipe the enemy from the field by taking control of heavy weapons – such as anti-tank guns and artillery.
- • Build defences on the battlefield to fortify your position.
- • Use teamwork to smash through the enemy front line and push through to victory.
- • Play the game as the Commander and lead your team to victory using different abilities as you orchestrate your forces via the tactical map.
We’ll be running a full review of Hell Let Loose on Xbox as soon as we can (we’re basically waiting for the servers to populate and into battle we shall head), so if you wish to join us on the battlefield make sure you pop over to the Xbox Store, grab the download you need and then give us a shout.
You’ll find Hell Let Loose making the most of the next-gen power in ways you could never have imagined. If you’ve made the jump, make sure you take this one with you. And yeah, if you aren’t sold, the free trial will let you check it out ahead of paying up with cash. There’s full cross-play in place to help you out too.
Join the ever-expanding experience of Hell Let Loose – a hardcore World War Two first person shooter with epic battles of 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery, a dynamically shifting front line and a unique resource based RTS-inspired meta-game. Fight in the most iconic battles of the Western Front, including Carentan, Omaha Beach and Foy and more. This is combat at a whole new scale…. with lumbering tanks dominating the battlefield, crucial supply chains fuelling the frontlines, you are a cog in the machine of colossal, combined arms warfare. Hell Let Loose puts you in the chaos of war, complete with deep player-controlled vehicles, a dynamically evolving front line, and crucial unit-focused gameplay that commands the tide of battle. Featuring more than 9 sweeping maps modelled on real reconnaissance images and satellite data, the entire battlefield is divided up into large capture sectors – allowing for emergent and constantly unique gameplay that pits two forces of fifty players in a fight to the death across fields, bridges, forests, and towns on an ever-evolving front line. When a sector is captured, it will generate one of three resources for your team, creating a complex meta-game that will influence your team’s march to victory.