Barely a week goes by when we don’t see some form of new content for Train Sim World 2, and this week is no different. But forget about this being a piece of throwaway content as the latest drop for the game gives us the chance to experience the grandeur of modern American freight railroading, with the Sherman Hill DLC.
Available to purchase, download and add into Train Sim World 2 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PS4 and PS5, the Sherman Hill DLC pack features the Cheyenne – Laramie line and its majestic western scenery.
Operated by Union Pacific and priced up at £24.99 from the Xbox Store, PC and PlayStation Store, the TSW2: Sherman Hill content sees us whisked of to an iconic line. Stretching 58 miles, the Cheyenne – Laramie route is one of the crowning achievements of America’s Transcontinental Railroad. After being built in the 1860’s, this route crosses the Continental Divide in Wyoming and has been a railfan favourite often referred to as American railroading at its best.
It was originally operated with the fabled ‘Big Boy’ of the steam era, but now finds a place for today’s third generation of diesel engines. Operators will control the powerful Union Pacific Electro-Motive SD70Ace with its 4,300-horsepower engine and the 3,000-horsepower EMD SD40-2 as they traverse the lines tough 1.5 percent westbound grade.
In all, the Train Sim World 2: Sherman Hill expansion features:
- 58-mile (93 km) route from Cheyenne to Laramie, Wyoming
- EMD SD70ACe diesel locomotive in Union Pacific livery
- EMD SD40-2 diesel locomotive in Union Pacific livery
- 60‘ Boxcar, Reefer Car, Autorack, 3-Bay Covered Hopper, Tank Car, Bethgon II Hopper and Gunderson Husky Stack freight cars
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and five detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology
It goes without saying you’ll need the base game of Train Sim World 2 to hand in order to make this a reality.