Miss the madness of Bomberman? A duo of ex-Insomniac developers at Victory Lap Games have today announced that it is the inspiration behind their upcoming title, Blast Zone! Tournament.
Announced today for a late 2018 release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, Blast Zone! Tournament will be the latest bomb based strategy title to try and recreate the Bomberman experience – with a mind-boggling array of multiplayer-options and content never before seen in the genre all promised.
With thousands of character rewards and customisations, Blast Zone! Tournament will be a treasure trove of cross-platform multiplayer riches.
Up to 8 players will be able to sit down and compete locally on their couch, or, and this is where things get really exciting, will be able to head on in to 32-person multiplayer frenzies online. This should be there the game gets to shine as its ability to combine and customise the two options, allowing gamers to host 32-player matches with endless combinations of couch-based local teams and online players, will no doubt appeal to a huge audience, especially seeing as cross platform play between PC and Xbox One, and PC and PS4 will be in place.
The gameplay itself will take place across seven distinctly themed locales including a tropical jungle, a pirate ship on the high seas, and a smoke-filled 1990s dance club, with 10 unique multiplayer modes present, including traditional Team Deathmatch, Bomb Blast in which the dynamics change as bombs are used to paint floor tiles and King Mode – an attack vs defence scenario in which teams must protect a VIB (a Very Important Bomber).
No less than 280 levels will play host to these modes, with huge customisation options available.
If you prefer to go it alone, then Blast Zone! Tournament also features a fully-loaded single-player campaign that stretches across 4 seasons of a hilarious reality-TV meets gameshow. Challenge Mode will see the single-player campaign comprise of 240 diverse and unique challenges with a wide variety of zoomorphic enemy robots, mind boggling puzzles, and insidious traps.
But there’s more and to ensure that all players are kept fully entertained a massive reward system enabling gamers to earn and unlock over 10 billion character customization combinations has been promised. Players can earn amazing outfits, awe-inspiring hats, and hilarious emotes then mix them together to realise a totally unique personal style.
Blast Zone! Tournament will launch as a digital download via the Microsoft Store, PlayStation Store and Steam in late 2018 priced at $19.99. Those who wish to take the game to the next level will be glad to hear that it will be optimized for eSports from launch.
Key Features include:
- 32- player cross-platform multiplayer either local, online, or combined. Multiplayer matches each have unranked and ranked options to cater to both casual players and hardcore fans
- 10 solo and team-based multiplayer modes including Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, Bomb Blast, Treasure Mode, King Mode, Zombie Mode and more!
- Story-driven single-player Challenge Mode provides 240 unique challenge.
- 280 multiplayer levels, with tweakable options including handicaps, lives, starting items, bomber stats, overall match settings, and more
- Create individual characters with over 10 billion unlockable cosmetic and gear item combinations
- Robust set of social features from friends lists to partying, news, mail, and more to help foster a healthy community and lay the foundations for esports tournaments
- Pulsating party soundtrack
What do you think? Will you be giving Blast Zone! Tournament a shot? Is it the Bomberman inspiration that is its key? Let us know on the usual social channels or by posting in the comments below.