If you were gaming back in 2008, then you may well have stumbled upon Baja: Edge of Control on Xbox 360 and PS3. If you weren’t in with the gaming scene back then then worry no more for Baja is back, and Edge of Control is getting fully remastered. Today, a new trailer, and that all important release date, are delivered our way.
So, first things first, Baja: Edge of Control HD will arrive on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come September 24th 2017. It’ll bring with it crisper and more detailed visuals, super smooth framerates, 4K goodness, a huge selection of vehicles and brand new environments.
Edge of Control HD contains more than 1000 miles of the toughest terrain you can imagine, with the steepest mountains, the thickest mud and the deepest canyons coming your way. Thankfully you’ll have a ton of vehicles to enjoy the expanse with, with Trophy Trucks and buggies starring throughout. Hundreds of authentic parts will affect each vehicle’s performance no matter which of the 8 classes you find yourself racing in.
You will also get to put your off-road machines to the test in near-vertical Hill Climb challenges, head-to-head Open Class races, circuit races and the ultimate off-road endurance challenge: the Baja! Baja: Edge of Control HD contains more than 100 tracks across all landscapes in races that can last up to four hours.
The physics promise to be spot-on too, delivering authentic handling, and a support management system that allows gamers to monitor and repair realistic vehicle damage as fenders fly, tires are blown, suspension is stressed and engines overheat.
- 4 player split screen and online multiplayer
- Dozens of vehicles to choose from
- Monitor and repair vehicle damage via truck and helicopter teams
- Authentic vehicle physics respond to any bumps and ruts you drive over
- Numerous, authentic vehicle parts to help fine-tune the performance of your off-road machine
- More than 100 tracks, nine open worlds and 1000 miles of drive-to-the-horizon landscapes
- Lots of different events, including Hill Climb, Baja Endurance Races, Closed Track Races and more
- Free roaming gameplay: drive as far as you want and find hidden tracks, jumps and more off-road madness
Features of the HD version contain:
- Greater immersion via various graphical improvements including better textures, higher framerate and increased details
- More authentic racing by improved rendering techniques for shadows, lighting and dust effects
- More accessible gameplay due to improved controls, user interface and an easier career start
We’ll be sure to bring you more about the game as and when we have it, whilst the minute it appears on the Xbox Games Store, we’ll make sure you know! For now though, you may as well take in the trailer below.